Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless camera - not connecting

Options
  • 22-11-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

I've bought a wireless video camera that I was hoping to be able to use at home over the wireless connection. Its this camera

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/300566325975?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D300566325975%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Now I'm not much of a techie when it comes to things like this but am having problems with it working over the wireless network. Its working fine if its plugged in using the cable, but as soon as I disconnect the cable it stops working.

When I go into 'wireless lan settings' on the camera options there's a scan button but when I click it it doesn't find my wireless network (I have a UPC wireless network and one of those O2 hotshot things and it doesn't find either).

I know there's not a huge amount of information in the post but I'm just not sure at all what to try next. Does anyone have any suggestions at all as to what might help, or if there's further information that would help just let me know what I need to give and I'll try find it.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭holcus

I haven't had opportunity to play with wifi cameras but if it is able to see any network but not just yours I would try:
    - changing wifi encryption methods from WPA to WEP or none.
    - changing the channel to anything else between 1 and 12

you can access those settings in your routers admin panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

It's not actually seeing any network. Hadnt thought about how normally we can pick up neighbors signals too. So I'm thinking it must be an issue on the camera then?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭holcus

Check if wireless antenna is attached firmly to the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah have checked that.... even tightened it a bit with a vicegrips.
    Just having no joy at all with it :confused:

Advertisement