Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to buy flights to Stansted?

Options
  • 22-11-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi Folks. Planning to go to WHL with my son in 2011. I can only go a one day Saturday trip and return in the evening. I know the correct times for flights but when is the best time and cheapest time to but flights to Stansted.? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Hi Folks. Planning to go to WHL with my son in 2011. I can only go a one day Saturday trip and return in the evening. I know the correct times for flights but when is the best time and cheapest time to but flights to Stansted.? Thanks.

When they are the cheapest :D What game are you looking at mate ? It's hard to tell but generally you can get great deals on flights in and out of Stansted on the day, I have got them for as little as €10 before.. Let me know what game your looking at and I'll have a look at flights and give you my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Just booked for the Wolves game on January 14th. Flying from Cork to Stansted that morning at 6.40 and back in Cork at midnight for €42 including all taxes. About as cheap as I have seen for a while

WHL wrote: »
    Just booked for the Wolves game on January 14th. Flying from Cork to Stansted that morning at 6.40 and back in Cork at midnight for €42 including all taxes. About as cheap as I have seen for a while

Great deal, some amount of booze time..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

What happens if you have your tickets bought and there are no flights available on the day of the match?

What happens if you have your tickets bought and there are no flights available on the day of the match?

:D I think I'd be checking to make sure there are flights available before you book tickets mate, especially if it's a day trip job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Or look at - in a worst case - Gatwick, London City, Heathrow, Luton ... In that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Thanks Folks. This is a great. Will stay in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

WHL wrote: »

Flights ex-Dublin are about the same, the days of spare capacity on Ryanair and 1c flights each way are over. They've cut capacity, and increased fares.
    richardjjd wrote: »
    Or look at - in a worst case - Gatwick, London City, Heathrow, Luton ... In that order.

I'd put City 3rd behind Heathrow, horrendously expensive and not many flights on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Great deal, some amount of booze time..:D

That's a concern alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pduff13

Spurs give a refund if you don't want the match tickets up to 7 days before the game. Not sure if this applies to members only or all tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

once you have a date in mind, try www.skyscanner.com for flight prices. Great site

Advertisement