Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing Software Help!

• 22-11-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hope i'm posting in the right section :confused:

Anyway i'm looking into getting some publishing software to set up a sort of buy & sell magazine, does anybody know what software would be best?
    What do the current company's use? eg. autotrader, buy and sell etc.
    would like to be able to key in someone's number and show exactly what advertisements they have. I'm currently using quarkxpess for any booklets etc i do be setting up but i wouldn't think if would be suitable for this.

Can someone point me in the right direction :o

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

I did a desktop publishing module on a course and we used QuarkXpress, I haven't heard of any other DTP software except Microsoft Publisher but that's for amateur DTPing. QuarkXpress was quite powerful, when I used it last...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Scribus is a free open source Desktop Publishing solution

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rorysllvn2

asif2011 wrote: »
    I did a desktop publishing module on a course and we used QuarkXpress, I haven't heard of any other DTP software except Microsoft Publisher but that's for amateur DTPing. QuarkXpress was quite powerful, when I used it last...
    I'm currently using Quark, don't get me wrong it is a fantastic program but its not exactly what i'm after for this job, unless there is a way to find a specific phone numbers throughout the layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

rorysllvn2 wrote: »
    I'm currently using Quark, don't get me wrong it is a fantastic program but its not exactly what i'm after for this job, unless there is a way to find a specific phone numbers throughout the layout.
    Maybe try the Quark forums?

asif2011 wrote: »
    Maybe try the Quark forums?
    had a look, can't find anything. might ask over there tomorrow, thanks.
    just wanted to know what sort of programs are the big company's using, might be handier in the long run than Quark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Hello

Are you trying to setup a website that has a search facility, just when you metioned buy and sell and autotrader

No i'm not trying to setup a website, just looking to get better publishing software so i can design a classifieds magazine, just used buy and sell & autotrader as an example, will be nothing like there paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

I ther enot a find function in Xpress?

Advertisement