Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Gyms and Best Fights?

• 22-11-2011 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey all-

Looks like I'll be moving to the Dublin area early next year. Where's the best MMA gyms to train at (I don't mind driving)? Also, how do I get licensed to fight in Ireland? Who are the best promoters to fight for? How many fights are there in the Dublin, Meath, Kildare, Carlow area? Thanks, Sam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MMA Man

Theres plenty of good gyms in Dublin, what part of Dublin will be handiest for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

Straight Blast Gym is the best gym, two location's in dublin http://www.sbgireland.com/
    there are plenty of other gyms too so it depends on where you will be living but SBG is my choice for when I'm in Dublin.

If you go in and train they will sort out fights for you. there are plenty of fight cards around there with cage contender been top show at the minute.

You dont need a licence to fight in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shain

@MMA Man- no clue yet. Job market sucks here and the parents are moving "Home" but where abouts exactly I dunno yet... They were also talking about Kildare someplace

@d_jordan- Seriously? There are no governing boards for MMA? No Licensing? Hows that workin' for y'all? Thanks for the lead on Straight Blast- I'll check em out.

So- if I just want to go see the fights, where do I go to get the info?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

shain wrote: »
    @MMA Man- no clue yet. Job market sucks here and the parents are moving "Home" but where abouts exactly I dunno yet... They were also talking about Kildare someplace

@d_jordan- Seriously? There are no governing boards for MMA? No Licensing? Hows that workin' for y'all? Thanks for the lead on Straight Blast- I'll check em out.

Thanks

www.cagecontender.net :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

Thanks

this forum has the details on most shows.

Coach's and promoter's work together to ensure fighter safety so the whole having no governing body thing does not matter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shain

@d_jordan- thanks for the heads up!

@John Ferguson- Thanks for the link- I'll keep my eye on it. So, if there is no governing board, how does it work with promoters... you guys have a common rule set? And do pomoters just get a business license and start running shows, or do they have to register somewhere. Sorry for all the questions but it blows my mind that there isn't a governing board. Here in the states, we got boards that govern the boards the govern practically every sport out there... Thanks again for all the information!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

@d_jordan- thanks for the heads up!

@John Ferguson- Thanks for the link- I'll keep my eye on it. So, if there is no governing board, how does it work with promoters... you guys have a common rule set? And do pomoters just get a business license and start running shows, or do they have to register somewhere. Sorry for all the questions but it blows my mind that there isn't a governing board. Here in the states, we got boards that govern the boards the govern practically every sport out there... Thanks again for all the information!
    Even though there is no governing body, all the promoters follow basically the same rules that a governing body in the US enforce.
    Its a must if they want to be seen as legit. The fights of the early 90s were very damaging to the sport. Not something anybody wants to see again

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

MMA LUCAN is a great gym in Dublin, its more or less on the beside of Kildare aswell maybe 10 mins,if it is the Kildare , Dublin area you will be living.
    http://www.mmalucan.moonfruit.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

If you are in Kildare, Husaria Fight Team are based in Clane Co. Kildare.

http://www.husariafightteam.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Hey all-

Looks like I'll be moving to the Dublin area early next year. Where's the best MMA gyms to train at (I don't mind driving)? Also, how do I get licensed to fight in Ireland? Who are the best promoters to fight for? How many fights are there in the Dublin, Meath, Kildare, Carlow area? Thanks, Sam

Good Luck with moving to Dublin [I'm hoping to do the same for job training myself in the new year] Plenty of gyms in Dublin will just depend on where you settle [though I assume with the buses and DART system they should be accessible to you. Hopefully a Dublin resident will clarify that]

• Advertisement
Advertisement