Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quoting in Irish

• 22-11-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Are you expected to quote from the text when answering the prose question in the Irish exam? I'm in 6th year now, and we covered most of the prose and poetry at the beginning of 5th year with my old teacher. She told us that we'd be expected to quote in the poetry question, as the poem is printed on the paper, but you're not expected to quote in the prose section. We got a different teacher halfway through last year, and we have that same teacher now. There was one prose piece that we didn't finish last year, and we're doing it now. The new teacher has said that you do need to know quotes for the prose, so I'm a bit confused!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm not sure either but sure they can always take up a nice bit of space and make you look a bit more knowledgable :P Just know a few relevant ones I would say :)

Advertisement