Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAA

Options
  • 22-11-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

What advice would you give the DAA in order to improve business?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Close terminal two, put a dust cover over it to keep the costs down.. use the one they had until the new numbers of tourists come back.

Try Keeping costs down so the the Airlines are happy, thus decreasing air flight prices overall to drive more tourists in. Effective marketing campaigns from the DAA to these specific targeted countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Convince Michael O'Leary to turn gamekeeper :p

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

reduce the boards salaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Close terminal two, put a dust cover over it to keep the costs down

I have to say T2 is a joy to use compared to the old mess that is T1.

This is an ambiguous thread if ever there was one, 'What advice would you give DAA to improve business?" - I'd expect to see this in Travel.

But in any case, they could start with lower landing fees, although I doubt all the airlines would reduce fares as a result. At the end of the day, it's the airlines job to sell seats, not the airport but both must be competitive (let's face it, if Dublin had a second airport vying for passengers then DAA would find the incentive to run a tighter ship).

Strange thread tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Savman wrote: »
    I have to say T2 is a joy to use compared to the old mess that is T1.

This is an ambiguous thread if ever there was one, 'What advice would you give DAA to improve business?" - I'd expect to see this in Travel.

But in any case, they could start with lower landing fees, although I doubt all the airlines would reduce fares as a result. At the end of the day, it's the airlines job to sell seats, not the airport but both must be competitive (let's face it, if Dublin had a second airport vying for passengers then DAA would find the incentive to run a tighter ship).

Strange thread tbh.

I got this today on an email from the DAA today. So obviously T2 is not "a joy to use". T2 leaking already, not enough lifts, no shuttle bus stop.
    DAA = gobsh**tes

"Terminal 2 Car Park
    We know that some elements of the customer experience in this car park were poor, and we would like to apologise for this. The following issues are being address to ensure the customer experience improves.
    Car Park Lifts
    We have recently installed two additional high speed lifts in the lobby area of the T2 Car Park. This addition has removed delays within the area.
    Water Proofing
    There has been a persistent level of disruption in the T2 Car Park due to ongoing water-proofing of the roof level and installation of guttering on the level below. Thank-you for your patience with this. There is a current programme of work to permanently address this and we expect it to be completed in December this year.
    Long Term Car Park shuttle busses at Terminal 2.
    We are happy to tell you that work will start Nov on a new stop at T2, and be completed by Christmas. The new car park shuttle bus stop will serve both the Express Red & Holiday Blue long term car parks. It will be located next to the Aircoach stops at Terminal 2."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

...I don't think the DAA should be chastised for teething issues which they've addressed and communicated to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Hanley wrote: »
    ...I don't think the DAA should be chastised for teething issues which they've addressed and communicated to customers.

Hang on, you're calling no bus stop for shuttle buses and not enough lifts teething issues?? They are design flaws.
    Poor planning at best. Incompetence I think.

How much did the thing cost again? Given how much of an overspend there was this again shows the DAA up to be the bunch of incompetent muppets they are.

Advertisement