Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sure I'll make a start I suppose...!!

• 22-11-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Right so I'm male, 18, weigh 11-9 and the goal is to be able to run 5 miles fairly comfortably in under 40 minutes. At the moment I'm playing a bit of football in college, but training only once a week or less, and my fitness has been slipping in the last few months. Going to try and keep the log going for a few months for a start and sure we'll see how it goes from there. My plan of action at the moment is just get up early and run, and now I've told everyone there's no turning back. So that's it then:) (There really should be a smiley with a look of steely determination_Insert_here_:D)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

6:20
    2.5 miles
    Didn't bother timing myself
    Let's hope it's the first of many:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Best of luck to you! And let these logs help to inspire you, if not humor you. ;)

6:30- a bit harder to get up today,
    Ran 2.0 miles
    Under 20 minutes anyway I'd say, and a bit sore after it now,
    Football training later today as well.
    Thanks for the support, probably going to take tomorrow off or maybe go to the gym for a cycle.

No run this morning, up late doing a report, but feeling a bit stiff so will try and go for a little jog later.

4:15- 2 miles

• Advertisement

6-26
    2 miles

Right, 8.5 miles last week, another 2 miles this morning, will try and do 9.5 or 10 miles this week in total.

Missed 2 or 3 runs, the last few days have been a logistical nightmare, exams etc., so we'll say that was a rest weekend:p
    Hopefully get out early in the morning if the weather isn't too bad.

6-30
    2 miles
    Hopefully back on track now, going to go again tomorrow morning and probably twice more before the weekend hopefully.:)

Advertisement