Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Romantic Break in Ireland to Spoil the lady in my life?

• 22-11-2011 11:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads and Ladies,

I would really appreciate your help.

I have recently started dating a girl I am 27 (she is the same age). It's going great, she's awesome, I really like her.
    Anyway, the other day we were chatting and the issue of possible going on a short break in Ireland came up.

We both live in Galway and I was thinking of picking somewhere extra special for our first trip together.

I want somewhere really romantic, with good food and some options for entertainment.

She confessed that she is a total romantic at heart and I really want to spoil her as she deserves it.

Can you lovely lads and ladies give me advice on Hotels, things to do, towns, anything.

The more romantic, the better, I want it to be really special for her.

Cheers in advance,

Seán.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Go to France!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That helps...

Sorry, but it has to be in Ireland (north or south) for now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

have a look at the radisson in farnham in cavan,

lovely walks, beautiful spa and thermal suites... rooms are lovely too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Ashford Castle or it's lodge (cheaper option) and eat in the castle.
    Grounds are super
    Cycling
    Walking
    Falconry - brilliant!

Kinsale - plenty to do and at all price levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Seaneh wrote: »
    Right lads and Ladies,

I would really appreciate your help.

I have recently started dating a girl I am 27 (she is the same age). It's going great, she's awesome, I really like her.
    Anyway, the other day we were chatting and the issue of possible going on a short break in Ireland came up.

We both live in Galway and I was thinking of picking somewhere extra special for our first trip together.

I want somewhere really romantic, with good food and some options for entertainment.

She confessed that she is a total romantic at heart and I really want to spoil her as she deserves it.

Can you lovely lads and ladies give me advice on Hotels, things to do, towns, anything.

The more romantic, the better, I want it to be really special for her.

Cheers in advance,

Seán.

Stay anywhere in Killarney, great rates to be found.

- National Park, hotel could organise a pick-nick/packed lunches for you
    - Boat-trips on the Lake
    - Jaunting-Car ride through the National Park

- day-trips to Dingle, Kenmare, crikey you're spoiled for choice down here

- Hotels have spa's and have great deals available
    - Plenty of shops in town for her to browse around in
    - Restaurants & Bars with music every night

few options there for you anyway.

Well done you,
    I hope she enjoys what-ever it is you decide on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The lake view hotel in Killarney would tick your boxes, most rooms have jacuzzi baths and champagne/wine fridges. The lake view rooms are best, obviously they overlook the lake and old castle and have a large balcony. Most of the time there are deer running around the grounds.

They even have a roman themed room with large sunken jacuzzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

hi want to say the Lake Hotel

me and my other half have been about 3 times

its only a short taxi into town for the night life. and the hotel is so romantic.

she would adore it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I heard good things about the Ice House Hotel in Ballina. A friend of mine and her hubby went there for a night recently and both said a night was too short, they both loved it!
    Another couple i knew went there for a weekend to celebrate their engagement, they raved about it.

I haven't even seen the website so no idea of prices etc.. but it was the first place that popped into my head when you mentioned the more romantic the better. :pac:

Lucky girl....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

My wife and I spent a lovely weekend in Brooklodge in Wicklow: http://www.brooklodge.com/?r=3653339&gclid=CPyv1Zvg6KwCFdJX4QodaF-0NQ It also has a spa and golf course on site.. There is a fantastic, highly regarded restaurant on site called the Strawberry Tree (it featured in the recent Masterchef if you followed it)

If you have a little more cash to spend, we also spent a weekend at the Monart Spa in Bundlody: http://www.monart.ie/
    This place is not cheap but is a true 5-star resort, the thermal suites are extremely relaxing and the food in the onsite restaurant is fantastic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

I'd recommend BrookLodge too. Great Spa, lovely surroundings (walks, horseriding), open fires, great service, amazing food in the Strawberry Tree.

The Conrad Mount Juliet is a beautiful spot too - with the advantage of all the activities in and around Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jamesbotam

The Lakes of Killarney… This is the perfect lovers’ heaven, green landscapes, mountains and the most spectacular views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I love the ice house hotel, it is expensive but worth every penny... dont want to give away all its secrets but they will treat you like royalty and theres an out door hot tub over looking the river moy.. oh and the cocktails amazing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Quality wrote: »
    have a look at the radisson in farnham in cavan,

lovely walks, beautiful spa and thermal suites... rooms are lovely too.

This. Great suggestion.

Beautiful Hotel in wonderful surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

I'm surprised no one mentioned The Blue Book.

See if they will provide you with a voucher. Buy the voucher and the book and let her choose the hotel. I have stayed in a few and they are FANTASTIC!!

Advertisement