Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you even know what your IQ is? You dumb Bastard!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 fressatty

Mine is 133, which places me in the top 88 percentile in Ireland, or so the tester informed me. I did a 100% legit test and it took about 2 hours. They tested memory, maths, language, short term memory recall, long term memory recall, problem solving and even general knowledge. None of this facebook crap. I'd recommend it to anyone, it's like you're taking your brain through the NCT, feels weird too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ghandee wrote: »
    I remember that day, you were gone for aaaages...

Leaving me at home to score yer ma!

www.instantrimshot.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I remember doing a test once for RTE test the nation they needed volunteers to test the average IQ of the nation... mine was 114

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

eilo1 wrote: »
    I just think its funny that i can't even spell intelligence!! Lol

I have a friend who is the same, brains to burn, in college too and dyslexic. We were laughing about this the other day. The irony this person cant spell the name of the bloody thing by which they are affected. (I generally like to laugh at all my dyslexic friend's like, let's them know who's boss:P)

marketty wrote: »
    Ah I see, minus 20 points for that

Please no, it's low enough as it is!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

"I admit I know nothing so now I am on the true path to wisdom"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Interesting page showing the different abilities associated with IQ ranges.

http://www.paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

erm i did an IQ test when i was 16 and i got 126 but im socially retarded so it all evens up:)

• Advertisement

Interesting page showing the different abilities associated with IQ ranges.

http://www.paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html

I opened your link and that first thing that hit me slap bang in the face was 'SEVERE RETARDATION'. I looked over at my brother and laughed, he now looks bemused.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Who needs an IQ when you have Emotional Intelligence... right, my dearies? :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    Who needs an IQ when you have Emotional Intelligence... right, my dearies? :o

Indeed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I don't need no test to tell me I'm as dumb as a doornail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I failed a bloodtest....

it was very serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I'm 151, got accepted to mensa a few years ago, cancelled my membership after a year. Pointless club, you have to pay for it and all you get is bragging rights :rolleyes:
    High IQ isn't as impressive as it should be. I still don't have super powers. However if you need a logic puzzle/sudoku solved freakishly fast- Boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

High enough for Mensa anyway. Really wouldn't be arsed with paying to join such a club.

However if you need a logic puzzle/sudoku solved freakishly fast- Boom

Sudoku X is what ya want. :pac:

I'm 151, got accepted to mensa a few years ago, cancelled my membership after a year. Pointless club, you have to pay for it and all you get is bragging rights :rolleyes:
    High IQ isn't as impressive as it should be. I still don't have super powers. However if you need a logic puzzle/sudoku solved freakishly fast- Boom[/QU

Jaysus, How much were they charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Average with lazy and a short term memory like a goldfish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

IQ tests are a crock of sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Jaysus, How much were they charging?

Can't remember exactly but around the 70 mark I think. You'd think a thing like that'd be free. I'd have settled for tax exemptions either :) After all, I do so much good for this world with my gigantic brain...

*returns to watching late night tv*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

140, im smart and therefore better than you. Watch in amazement as I impress the ladies with my mad calculus skillz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

121 on the mensa IQ test. Just 3 away from being allowed join. :rolleyes:

In that sweet spot where I'm smart but still dumb enough that I can quote simpsons into any given situation in life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Brendog wrote: »

You mean three away from being allowed to pay to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

You mean three away from being allowed to pay to join.

You've to pay to join? People actually pay money just to say they are a member of a high IQ society? Wow I've just learnt a whole new level of arrogance. Thank you kind stranger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Free ball.

I like turtles.

In that sweet spot where I'm smart but still dumb enough that I can quote simpsons into any given situation in life.

Is it not the high 130s to join Mensa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

youve tried your best and failed miserably...

I used to be good at them IQ type tests when i was in school, i'd nearly be afraid to do one now. Anyway, i wouldnt want to be part of a club that would have me as a member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

mensa scored me 139 when i was 12, i done various other tests and i score between 130 and 160 usually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I know it's crap and all but is there anywhere you can take a "real" IQ test? I've always enjoyed the ones I've done on the internet and that and would ilke to compare them to a "real" one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

mines counting down now...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Last time I took an IQ test I encountered many problems. For instance, one of the multiple choice questions related to patterns was impossible for me to solve, because I could see 3 different patterns that would make 3 different answers correct.

Needless to say, I have zero respect for IQ now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

I really don't care what my IQ is, it's not going to make any difference to my life knowing it. From what I can see, some people find out their IQ just to use as a weapon, "I win the argument because my IQ according to that hugely reputable online test is 165, so there" type thing. :)

As long as I'm in triple digits, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

I really don't care what my IQ is, it's not going to make any difference to my life knowing it. From what I can see, some people find out their IQ just to use as a weapon, "I win the argument because my IQ according to that hugely reputable online test is 165, so there" type thing. :)

As long as I'm in triple digits, I'm happy.

But the average in Ireland is 92, so chances are it's not triple digits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Never taken a proper test but mine is 134 according to the one on Facebook. Would like to do a proper one some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Haven't a breeze what mine is, but I'm super duper smart. Honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭EKClarke

orourkeda wrote: »
    I was called for a mensa test and scored 136.

That means on a standard IQ test you got 126. Mensa mark it differently so whenever they say their IQ its always 10 points above what it really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Haelium wrote: »
    But the average in Ireland is 92, so chances are it's not triple digits.

But no one who posts on boards.ie is average.

• Advertisement

I don't know what mine is now, but my head's sore, so it must be astronomical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I've got 'street smarts'

I've only been knocked down a couple of times when crossing the road, and I was drunk one of those times so it doesn't count really.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

~120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I love when people post their IQ on a thread like this. They always post above average results even way above average results. So they will be intelligent enough to realise that everyone that posts their IQ in a thread could not all be above average.

Or just maybe Irish Boards only hosts geniuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

well i know my results are real as i was mensa tested about 15 years ago... and have a cert to prove it. Still means little though as i am quite intelligent in some areas and dumb as a box of frogs in others...lol

• Advertisement

111 is about average, I never got tested but I reckon I am about that plus or minus 5.

44leto wrote: »
    I love when people post their IQ on a thread like this. They always post above average results even way above average results. So they will be intelligent enough to realise that everyone that posts their IQ in a thread could not all be above average.

Or just maybe Irish Boards only hosts geniuses.

Above average != genius

Everyone who posts could be above average. In fact, I'd imagine it as being quite likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

155 - Mensa verified..... suck it thickos!! :p

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Above average != genius

Everyone who posts could be above average. In fact, I'd imagine it as being quite likely.

If everyone who posts are above average, then our average is higher then the general population. I assume boards is a good representation of the general population.

So I will stick my arm out and say the average IQ of boards is 111 + or - 5, that would be about right. But yet we have posted scores way above that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭sophieblake

I have the perfect IQ. Higher than my age and lower than my bra size;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement