Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On line dvd company robbing me blind!

Options
  • 22-11-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I bought a voucher from one of these daily deal websites for 6 weeks unlimited dvds during the summer. From the start it was a disaster, it took them over a week to activate my voucher, set up my account, send out a dvd. I did as instructed - set up my online account and a queue of dvds. They asked me to input my laser details but said they wouldnt charge me as long as I cancelled the account before the 6 weeks were up. The problem happened here, they reactivated an old account I had with them years ago so I had problems accessing the new one. Despite almost daily emails to them asking to reset the password the issue was never resolved. After 5 weeks (and I only recieved 3 dvds in this period) I was fed up and emailed them to cancel the account and they confirmed they had.

Now that was in July and they are still billing me :eek: I have 3 emails from them confirming the cancellation of my account and although Im recieving no dvds Im still paying for it. Ive contacted them numerous times (ignoring me), my bank say they cant do anything as I had input my laser details into the system and the National Consumer Agency just advised me to send them a registered letter which has obviously just fallen on deaf ears.

Short of calling Joe Duffy (joke!) is there anything else I can do? Im broke enough without shelling out for a service I didnt want and dont recieve.

Any advice welcome :)

Comments

Advertisement