Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start all over again/New Hard drive put in

Options
  • 23-11-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi there,

Well it seems my laptop hard drive gave up on me and I had to get a new one installed. I asked for all my files to be backed up and saved including my FS2004. However it doesn't seem to be the case. Everything is gone, so does this mean I have to re-install everything again? I am currently based between Melbourne and Wellington NZ but will be heading home to Dublin next March so will have to root through the attic and reinstall everything. Is there another way of re-installing it even through downloads on the internet or is everything done by CD ROM? Traffic 2004, Airbus, Classic Boeing 747, 707, VC 10 you name I had it. :(

I had Radar Chaos, Air Traffic Controller and Airport Madness 2 and 3 games but they seem to be ok and were just re-installed from the original files which were there.

Any help tips or suggestions would be great.

I was/and still am using Windows XP.

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

davepatr07 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Well it seems my laptop hard drive gave up on me and I had to get a new one installed. I asked for all my files to be backed up and saved including my FS2004. However it doesn't seem to be the case. Everything is gone, so does this mean I have to re-install everything again? I am currently based between Melbourne and Wellington NZ but will be heading home to Dublin next March so will have to root through the attic and reinstall everything. Is there another way of re-installing it even through downloads on the internet or is everything done by CD ROM? Traffic 2004, Airbus, Classic Boeing 747, 707, VC 10 you name I had it. :(

I had Radar Chaos, Air Traffic Controller and Airport Madness 2 and 3 games but they seem to be ok and were just re-installed from the original files which were there.

Any help tips or suggestions would be great.

I was/and still am using Windows XP.

Cheers

Dave

That's the only way,really. You're going to need the original discs. In the meantime why not pick up a new copy or maybe second hand from ebay? FS2004 will be very cheap to buy now.

Advertisement