Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 died

Options
  • 23-11-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

Just took my phone out of my pocket and it's dead. Not a gig out of it, plugged it in to charge (even though the battery wasn't low) in the wall and there's no beep, plugged it into the computer and while windows recogizes that it's been plugged in (I can access my photos) my itunes just freezes. The second I unplug it itunes unfreezes.

It's never been dropped, abused or gotten wet, there's not a scratch on it. I updated it to iOS5 a few weeks ago with no problems but I hadn't updated to iOS5.1 yet. I had noticed the last month or so it slowing a bit (can't remember if I can link it to updating to iOS5), a bit of a lag when I press a button to take it out of sleep mode but presumed that this was because my memory was running a bit low (about 1gb free then but about 2gb free now). I bought it in Febuary.

Update: Crisis averted. Held down home button and top button together for ages again and I have never been so happy to see that little apple logo. Still not really crisis over yet as still can't understand why this would happen. Will head over to vodafone tomorrow anyways but I'm sure they will just tell me to contact apple. Are there any known issues with this happening before?

Also amazing how it feels like you've lost a limb when your iphone breaks, I realised I wasn't even sure how I was going to get up for college tomorrow as it's my alarm clock!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Happens once in a while, twice in 18 mths on my old 3GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Happened to my 4S. Hard reset brought it back to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭dodzy

Twice in 12mths on IP4. Common enough.

Funny though- no matter how many times you read it happening to others, when it happens to you, and youre pressing both buttons ( with much more pressure than you know is required ) its the longest 20 secs of your bloody life:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chrismvideo

It's a computer lads, if you keep it running 24/7 it's gonna crash eventually! A hard reboot every now and again is fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Google - my iphone died - and you get About 110,000,000 results (0.26 seconds)

Its a design feature :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement