Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for a New Sticky Thread icon

Options
  • 23-11-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Please consider changing the icon for sticky threads. In some forums like Weather, the sticky list extends a good bit down the page, changing the thread icon from the usual envelope to something like this

sticky_notes.png

would make it easier to see the start of active threads
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

To be honest, I thing that the word 'Sticky' by the thread title is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I was under the impression that sticky threads were supposed to be cut back to 2 or so. Certainly that's what Mods in the cycling forum said they had to do when removing some.

How come some forums have lots while others are mandated to have very few?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was under the impression that sticky threads were supposed to be cut back to 2 or so. Certainly that's what Mods in the cycling forum said they had to do when removing some.

Yeah, 10 stickies seems mad! 3 works best for touch.boards, but an extra one or two every so often should be grand.

On topic: No opinions either way on a new logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As far as I remember it was never an official "You Must Do This" rule, more a general guideline. Some forums might have found it hard to cut the stickies down to three and some moderators might not have gotten around to the cull or forgotten all about it.

Advertisement