Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard

Options
  • 23-11-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey all,

Just wondering do any of you have the Saitek Eclipse II keyboard? or have any idea on which website sells them.

Been looking for it everywhere but can't seem to find it :( All of the sellers are from US ! PIC here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

Overstock.com

eBay.ie

You must really like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Why not the Eclipse III?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

HUGE thanks asif2011 for the link !

I'm looking for a white (not full white) keyboard to match with my Corsair 600T SE and I'm gonna get the Steelseries Ikari white too. I'm getting bored of a black computer setup :p

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

akazzz wrote: »
    HUGE thanks asif2011 for the link !

I'm looking for a white (not full white) keyboard to match with my Corsair 600T SE and I'm gonna get the Steelseries Ikari white too. I'm getting bored of a black computer setup :p
    I have two of the black ones! I'm smitten :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Every Saitek product I have bought has broke down within months. I had one of their keyboards and it picked up a habit of typing in random characters at random times, at first I thought my PC was haunted.

I recently got the Rat 7 mouse which broke down within two months, sent it back to them and they lost it.

I'll never be buying anything off them again.

• Advertisement

I tried a RAT 9, couldn't get used to the shape coming from an MX Revolution. Wasn't a bad mouse when I had it, very sturdy feeling, can't say anything to it lasting long though; only used it for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ScumLord wrote: »
    Every Saitek product I have bought has broke down within months. I had one of their keyboards and it picked up a habit of typing in random characters at random times, at first I thought my PC was haunted.

I recently got the Rat 7 mouse which broke down within two months, sent it back to them and they lost it.

I'll never be buying anything off them again.

I've a 3 yo Saitek eclipse II and a 2-3 yo Saitek GM3200 mouse, working perfect, no probs. I use the generic windows drivers for them, not the Saitek software.

I also own a X52 flight stick, doesn't get lots of use, but works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well so far 100% of the stuff I've bought of Saitek has been faulty and it looks like I'm not the only one who's received faulty rats that died within the first month or two. The price of the stuff it should last a lifetime like the Logitech mouse I had to revert too, it's so old the buttons are worn on it and it still works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

Saitek products aren't the best in quality according to newegg.com reviews. But at least 80% of the reviews are positive.

PogMoThoin, where did you purchase your saitek eclipse II keyboard?

Still looking for places where I can purchase this board :(

So far, both recommendations are from US and shipping charges are the same price as the keyboard itself !

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SAITEK-ECLIPSE-II-KEYBOARD-104-KEY-LED-PK02AU-NEW-/260786872906?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item3cb81be24a

~€78.

Maybe consider another keyboard...

Corsair has come out with some pretty bitchin' mechanical keyboards, maybe give one of those a look. (You'd be getting a much better quality product too)

• Advertisement
Advertisement