Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Patch is rubbish

Options
  • 23-11-2011 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

anyone else having trouble , since i applied the patch the game freezes every second round or every 15 minutes its a joke it has made it completly unplayable :mad:, i see a lot of talk about it on the Battlelog forum (over 5000 complaints in a few hours ) :eek:, anyone here affected by it ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

do you install via cd or what? if you bought a russian cd key and changed the language there are problems with the new patch

RU to ENG for the new patch

^ fixed it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

The game has been a complete joke for me. Ive not been able to play the game for more than 5min before a crash occurs. And thats before this patch. doesnt even start after i patched it.

its not a hardware fault either, ive torture tested all of my hardware and they all sailed through everything.

been resigned to my Xbox till it gets sorted.

FWIW, ive also got a russian key (english modified). ill try your link in the morning to see if that sorts it, but i was having major problems before this.

rig is:
    i5-2500K @4ghz.
    Asrock Z68 extreme4
    8Gb Gskill ram
    HD6950CrossFired
    intel x25m SSD (recent W7 x64 install and clean/fully updated drivers)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Patch is fine for me , only thing is we now have people in choppers and you not able to shoot them down anymore with the stingers as they are completely useless now . bar a few crashes and allot of server seem to not be running patch was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

A good copter crew can clear the place now. Think next patch needs to add an AA or extra AA vehicle to the maps. Still can't believe they went nowhere near the F2000. Last sunday it was me and 3 others on craggy so because it was quiet i decided to experiment to try and dissaprove the F2000's awesomeness. Went with a good few guns and got my ass handed to me, switched to the F2000 and the difference was ridiculous, its weird because it was utter cack in BF2 and BC2. Besides those 2 things i like the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

It still crashes at the start of a new round for me even after the patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Game was perfect for me before the patch, now I may have to launch the game a few times before it works, it's seem to be a bit choppy also, although I added some fans to the PC at the same time so not sure which is the cause.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It still crashes at the start of a new round for me even after the patch.

That's the only issue I would complain about after the patch too. It is the main thing I was hoping would get sorted but sadly it didn't :(

Haven't experienced any chopper rape yet, seems a bit silly that they would nerf the stinger missiles. I always thought they were shíte anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

ktulu123 wrote: »
    seems a bit silly that they would nerf the stinger missiles. I always thought they were shíte anyway
    Yeah, it wasn't overly easy to take a chopper down with them even if you got a lock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I only got a chance to update today. Can't sort the servers by their columns, players, ping etc..and I can't join any of them! :|

gdolfiknlkdfngdfl frustration. I only got Co-op to work for a few mins , but some people don't have the patience for mission 5.. frustration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Seems I ain't the only one who can't join any servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

They should just bring back the manually guided missiles from BC2 to take down copters and tanks. Maybe there's something equivalent I haven't unlocked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Can anyone tell me how to update it to the latest patch?? It should be simple, when I click on the update manager it says "update available" for battlefield 3, I click the update button and it just goes to the Origin Beta, with an ad to buy BF3 for €49.99 and in the game manager it says "waiting for you to finish the installation"....am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Also I can't play online or the campaign as it's now saying I need to install the game :-/ It's only been installed for the last month like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Also I can't play online or the campaign as it's now saying I need to install the game :-/ It's only been installed for the last month like!

I had to do a full un/reinstall to get around this, all the time convinced that I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Couldn't figure it out at all. Hardly intuitive if it wasn't a bug

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, i was able to play for 30 minutes last night without the game totally freezing my computer after 5 minutes. Granted, it was only the campaign (just for testing purposes) but it ran a lot better then it was, and didn't crash.

There may be hope for me yet.

Advertisement