Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin's Twinkling Lights Photowalk 12th Dec

• 23-11-2011 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Seen as I put it up on Photowalk.ie and some of ye only hang around over here :P

This walk is to take photos of the Christmas lights around Dublin City Centre.

Time: 7pm
    Date: Monday 12th December
    Start: Spire to * Where the lights end
    Direction: Spire – down Henry Street to Jervis Centre – Jervis Street to Liffey – into Temple bar – on to Georges Street – * TBC

Who is welcome?
    Everybody! Even if you have a Point & Shoot or a film camera, are an amateur or Pro. Everybody is welcome.
    You will need a tripod, if you don’t have one then say so here and someone may have a spare for you.

* -I’m still trying to work out where there are Christmas lights on ‘d south side’

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭never2fast

count me in.

What will this entail? I see a lot of photos of nicely lit buildings and such around dublin (usually around bridges/water though). Will anything like that be seen on this route/walk at all?

Sorry for the stupid question, but just not familiar with Dublin's fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

We will be crossing the Liffey, on Millennium Bridge (I think that's what it is called) but the aim of this walk is all the Christmas lights, reflections of same in shop windows - like this
    059A9067CE1F43AF9A1158F486F9A5DE-500.jpg

I will most likely run a Docklands/Bridges and Water one in January, as it is a popular one for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Sign me up & be prepared for a lot of stupid questions, cos I've never done a night shoot before. Fun!

:eek: I hope somebody who knows something about photography comes along, 'cos I know very little - I only organise walks!

• Advertisement

:eek: I hope somebody who knows something about photography comes along, 'cos I know very little - I only organise walks!

If all else fails we can just go to the pub :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deeo

I hope to make it on this. Let ya know closer to the day. Cheers!

shellyboo wrote: »
    If all else fails we can just go to the pub :P

Just to point out that my last photowalk is the only one where I said we would be ending in a pub - so I could organise the venue for the Photobook Launch.

Generally somebody else suggests a pub we could end up in - and yes I will go there without much persuasion!:p

Just to point out that my last photowalk is the only one where I said we would be ending in a pub - so I could organise the venue for the Photobook Launch.

Generally somebody else suggests a pub we could end up in - and yes I will go there without much persuasion!:p

Oh you can always rely on me to suggest a pub :P Where are we ending up again as regards the actual photowalking bit?

Co. Carlow! :p

Somewhere near Grafton St I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Only 5 days left! And the tree is turned on in O'Connell St - Unfortunately I don't see the market beside Jervis St. But hey, we will get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aod113

Hi, just wondering did this photowalk take place despite the weather? Am only new to this site and a photowalk like that sounds great. I'll keep watching for the next one! Only new to photography but finding a wealth of information on this site. Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Only seeing this now too. Did it happen. Pretty grim weather.

If I organise a walk I will be there!
    Even if it is only to end up in the pub talking about our cameras!:p

It was dry when we started, started raining after a bit and the others decided to head home.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭never2fast

I didn't make it to this one due to working late and the weather :(

Any photos?

Well I didn't take any good ones, and the other people came from Photowalk.ie

Advertisement