Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange sale item high street store?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Bought a top in a high street store down the country on sale for 12euro. When I got it home I realised its slightly smaller than I would like. Was in Dublin city yesterday and saw it in the same chain of stores for €50-full price. Just wondering is there anyway I could bring back the one I bought for 12 euro and exchange it without having to pay anything extra??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You'd have to go and ask but you've no rights to expect it. Maybe the store will be nice. Bring your receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You have no specific rights under Consumer Law in this case, as the product is not faulty or unfit for purpose.

However, stores will often offer exchange or refund, according to their own policy. Bring back the top, with tags and receipts and ask nicely. Best of luck.

Advertisement