Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6ft Heavyweight Horseware Rambo T/o

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one of these that they would like to move on to a new home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

Bendihorse wrote: »

I've a few rugs looking for a new home alright, all good condition, leaving for oz so PM me and i'll send you some pics...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Bendihorse wrote: »

Bucas have great deals at the moment on last years colours. Would be as good if not better than the Horseware. Up to 60% off I think. Any good tack shop will pass on the savings and give that deal. Least it's another option of you have no luck.

Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Mmmm, wouldn't necessarily agree about that on the Bucas ones, I've had Bucas and Horseware rugs and would definitely say that Horseware are better fitting and more durable. And my horse seems to think the only reason I put rugs on her is for her to see how quickly she can destroy them... TRI Equestrian's Turfmasters ones arent too bad either, I've had a lightweight one on her for the autumn (and lightweights are usually the ones to come off worst!!) and, miracle of miracles, it still has all of its straps attached to where they should be, given it normally takes her one day's turnout to rip the leg straps off and shove them up her nose. Well, not up her nose, but I imagine she'd probably give it a shot...

had to come back and edit this - slightly off topic, but on the subject of rug destruction, she had managed to get her UNDER RUG off in in shreds while leaving the outer one on, untwisted and untouched. That's creative damage for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Horseware Rambo are the best. Expensive, but the toughest.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Hi silverfox

I guess it's important to let people know too in case they aren't aware that both Horseware and Bucas have a low, medium and high quality range. We see pretty much every rug on the market and it's amazing how certain brand X ones are identical to certain branded ones.

I'd agree with you on the Rambo, they are a top quality rug but even buying them at the shop it's expensive. We sold one this year and we felt bad taking the money!! Bucas have some super rugs that definately compete with Rambo. But think Rambo price and then take 60% off. Think you can buy them in the warehouse in cork I'm not sure

I could be wrong in this but one of the suppliers lost a container of rugs this year off the ship. Pretty sure they were the high end Rambo so there might be a shortage. So of there in a shortage of new then the OP might find it hard to get a used one.

Another brand we saw recently and we were very impressed with was Cameo. Really good quality straps, buckles etc, 400g full necks etc but much better priced than a lot of the bigger players yet the same quality. There based in the north. And sell direct or distribute through retailers.

I think in Ireland we're paying too much for Horseware. I've seen it abroad for cheaper. By the way we are an equal opportunities rug user. Herself has about 30 rugs for three horses. I think it's her version of a shoe fetish!! So we. Have rugs from all the manufacturers. She'd probably agree with you silverfox about the Horseware quality but then argue on the Bucas deals!!!

OP what size Horseware rug you need cause we have ones never even used in the tack room and I'm trying to get herself to move them on!!!

Eoghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Hi Eoghan, im looking for a 6ft heavyweight turnout, wug neck if possible...

Thanks for all the advice and i agree with you and what you say about the Horseware rugs... The most reason i use them is fit and durability, i have yet to be let down by a HW rug but it does pay to shop around and try out new products too!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

hi guys, hope you dont mind me asking,:rolleyes: but im also looking for a rug, if anyone has a med to heavy weight 5'9" turnout i would really apprciate it, i have been using a light one with a light rug underneath but his shoulders are starting to rub quite badly.
    i really appreciate any help :D

Advertisement