Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard Drive

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know of any bargains for the above?

Biggest size to transfer my whole DVD collection to so I can hook it straight to TV.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw a 1tb Hitachi in Tesco (Wexford) for €57,I assume it's that price nationwide in their stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Two of these in tesco ballybeg (waterford) today too. By far the cheapest drives I've seen anywhere (either external or internal). They can be taken apart for the drive too if you wanted to do that (youtube has a video).
    Was interested in getting one but I can't justify it at the moment having just bought a Western Digital one (for €69!) the other week. AFAIK the 2tb version is £99 on amazon (and this version is £80+).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Hi Guys,

Biggest size to transfer my whole DVD collection to so I can hook it straight to TV.

Thanks

Whatever you do, for the love of God, don't go and buy a USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - make sure its USB 3.0
    I expect many shops will be trying to offload all the USB 2.0 External Hard Drives to as many suckers as they can this christmas - this time next year, they won't be able to give them away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

If you can get a terabyte external drive for 57, that's probably the best you're gonna do at the moment. The prices are rising internationally as a result of the Thai floods and production has essentially ceased so there's an international shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

From the main bargain alerts forum:
    MemoryC.com External Hard Drive Promotion
    From their facebook:

We have some great deals on external hard drives coming up tomorrow! Watch this space!

Could be of use to someone with the increase in hard drive prices

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75739381

http://www.facebook.com/MemoryCcom?sk=wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

That hitachi drive in Tesco has gone up to €84 odd now ... bout the same price as everything else that size. T'was a good deal for €57 if you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Just a word of warning, most tv's can only read usb sticks... not large external drives, so your plan to hook it up to tv may not work! Maybe your TV will read it, I can’t be sure but test it out first!

I got this one on amazon in August, it was £63, but unfortunately has gone up now with the flooding in Thailand, which has left a hard drive shortage, don't know how long we will have to put up with these higher prices for...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Ministation-Slimline-Portable-External/dp/B004KSRM18/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1322754143&sr=8-15

Did you want a compact one like that or one you have to plug into mains. This info will help people give you prices for ones you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Just a word of warning, most tv's can only read usb sticks... not large external drives, so your plan to hook it up to tv may not work! Maybe your TV will read it, I can’t be sure but test it out first!

I got this one on amazon in August, it was £63, but unfortunately has gone up now with the flooding in Thailand, which has left a hard drive shortage, don't know how long we will have to put up with these higher prices for...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Ministation-Slimline-Portable-External/dp/B004KSRM18/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1322754143&sr=8-15

Did you want a compact one like that or one you have to plug into mains. This info will help people give you prices for ones you want!

Anyone know of a bargin for the above at the moment?

Advertisement