Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XML file to order fulfillment house (Wordpress/Cart66/PayPal Pro)

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

I have a client who deals internationally and has a product for sale in multiple countries. I'm designing a new website for them at the moment, but at our last meeting they dropped some more functionality that they want added.

The new system I'm hoping to implement in the UK is:
    WordPress build, with Cart 66 eCommerce system.
    The payments will run through PayPal Pro, and the product distribution is run through a separate fulfillment company. At present the CSV file is pulled from PayPal and emailed to them manually, and manually inputted at their end.

The fulfillment company have existing XML specifications to allow automatic ordering. I'm looking to integrate this with Cart66 to provide a seamless transaction. There is no existing way of doing this from our research into Cart 66. We would happily use another system, but have struggled to find one with existing XML integration, it all seems to be bespoke.

As far as i can see, I need a way of sending the order details from our database, to the fulfillment company's database, and this will need to be a bespoke bit of code.

On a secondary point, I'm also developing the US version, which uses Amazon (FBA) for its fulfillment, and i would ideally like this to work the same way (but this may be harder to do as Amazon is a pain in the arse!).

The company I'm working for is willing to hire someone freelance to do this work for us as long as they can guarantee they can do it.

Advertisement