Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one card 'spread' thread.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sounds like fun, I'd like to give it a go if you have the time. Thanks!!
    You said this sounds like fun, yet the first two cards that came out were ones that carry more somber meanings, they have come up before and somehow didn't fit you anyway. It seemed more like you are observing an older man go through difficult times right now rather than it being about you.

The card that I'm reading for you is the Page of Pentacles. It shows a young boy surrounded by planted fields. He clutches a Golden coin in his hands. This card is about the beginning of something new, and at a very early stage. You are in a comfort zone right now but you are beginning to change, and discover new things about yourself. This will push you out of your comfort zone and into more exciting times.

Also this card is about collecting things together in order to create something long lasting. In your case it seems you are being asked (or will be asked) to collect mementoes and facts to do with your family, this is something that hasn't been organised properly before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ceres7

I'd like a 'one card' , if you're still doing this of course ! - thanks in advance :)
    Oryx wrote: »
    Just for something different to the usual run of phone number requests in this forum, anyone who replies here will have one card pulled from a tarot deck for them, and an interpretation of it given.

Any readers out there can join in with interpretations too, if they want.

One small rule: One card only per poster, and leave at least a few days between requests. Cheers!

Yeah still doing them as I get time. Just busy doing silly running today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Thank you for waiting. :)

A lot of repetition of cards again, I do make note of the type of cards that come up as I try to get a unique one. You were getting two distinct types of card which to me would mean two very different aspects to your life at the moment. Its like you are one person when at work and with your friends, and another when with a partner.
    The card I am reading for you is the Ten of Cups. This shows a couple hand in hand, and means ongoing contentment in a relationship. However, in this card you seem vulnerable. Its like there is something slightly off balance or uncertain happening, which is making you feel a little raw or at an emotional risk - youve had your heart broken and don't want it to happen again. Though things are good with this person, playful and happy, its just you are holding back a little. No dramatic changes are shown for you, but February will be an emotional time. I also see you with a new car, your pride and joy. :)

Thanks Oryx for picking me a card, however I'm finding it hard to make sense of what was shown for me as I'm currently not in a relationship with anyone and I don't drive either, maybe be I'm taking what was shown too literally. What did the other card show? maybe it has more meaning for me. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 unhappy holly

Could I please have a card?

• Advertisement

Sorry guys that I havent responded to this thread in a few days, it does take a backseat to normal life unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

Um, would it be possible to have a card when you get a chance Oryx? Thank you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Very worried about tomorrow if you have time I would love one, don`t worry about it if not! thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Sorry guys that I havent responded to this thread in a few days, it does take a backseat to normal life unfortunately.

I for one am happy to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I would love one Oryx whenever you have free time. No rush at all!! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Dramatik wrote: »
    Thanks Oryx for picking me a card, however I'm finding it hard to make sense of what was shown for me as I'm currently not in a relationship with anyone and I don't drive either, maybe be I'm taking what was shown too literally. What did the other card show? maybe it has more meaning for me. Thanks again :)
    There was something off with that relationship aspect, but rather than go back again and look at it, given what youve told me (which would be cold reading) Ill pull you another card when I get through the others here. I could just be incorrect, ya never know. I cant remember what the other card was, sorry.

And the car thing was that I could see you jingling keys, and they seemed to me to be car keys.

mbuble wrote: »
    I would LOVE one too, if you have time thank you :)
    Woo finally got time to get back to this. :)

Yours is the Three of Cups which I know has come up before. The divinatory meaning of this card is the celebration of a marriage, a love affair, the birth of a child or some other emotionally promising situation. It is not a card of happy endings as such, but shows a beginning, which life will progress from.

You are seen in this card as an independant person who tries not to rely on others for your happiness. To a degree this is a good thing, but the people around you can get frustrated in their attempts to get close to you or help you out. You come across as happy, but you do tend to worry pointlessly about the problems of other people. You are held in high regard by those who know you, and it is ok to show them your more vulnerable side. This is not really in keeping with the theme of the card, but I hope you got something from it either way.

histories wrote: »
    Me too please, thanks
    Your card is the Eight of Pentacles. This shows a man working with hand tools at a task. Green hills and a placid lake are shown behind him. Coins lie at his feet.

This card is about a period in life when you take up a new skill or learn a new job. This is something different to your regular career, you may already have worked hard to gain qualifications in something else. It is a card about hard work, but for something that will be exciting and which you will be enthusiastic about. You have good skills in keeping paperwork in order which will serve you well. I also dont see any financial risks being taken, you seem to be careful in this regard. I also get the impression of a european trip with friends on the way.

hollee wrote: »
    Id love to have a card read, keep me in mind when you get a chance. Thank you.
    Got to yours eventually. :)

Your card is the Tower. Pretty sure we have had it before, it shows a crumbling building on a rock, surrounded by turbulent seas. It is a card which shows something coming to an end, something that is out of your control. While it is a card that shows destruction, it is actually a very positive card. Old situations are coming to an end. This can be painful as noone is fond of change, but it is a good thing, a wiping the slate clean so you can move on to better things. The reason this is happening is because it is necessary, it is time. Things cannot stay as they were. Dealing with frustrations and difficulties at this time will make you stronger, you will look back later and be very glad this change came. I also feel a strong connection to academia in your card.

(Ive also got to ask just to satisfy my curiousity. Did you used to wear your hair in plaits a lot?)

bicardi19 wrote: »
    Can you do one for me too, if you get the chance. Thanks.
    The Ace of Pentacles came out for you. This shows a male figure rising from water with a pentacle held aloft in his hands. This card shows the promise of material achievement. In your life a situation has arisen (or is coming) where you will gain the financial means to do something new. This feels more like the result of clever investment or strategy on your part rather than pure luck, or borrowing money. You have shown your potential to other people too, your new ventures will have backing and support from people you didnt even expect. It feels like such a positive card for you, like you have so many choices and good directions you can go right now. The world is your oyster.

skintiam wrote: »
    Could you do a card for me please?
    Funnily enough given your user name, you also got a Pentacle card, this suit are always concerned with work and finances. :) Yours is the Two of Pentacles. It shows a man with a table full of tools set before him, held up by two pentacles.

Like some of the previous cards, this is a card concerned with beginnings. It shows you ready to start a new project. Its all set up and you are ready to go. Yet somehow, you wonder if you are ready, or if you will stick it out to the end. Even at this point you are second guessing if you made the right choices. The card is saying that so much about this is not yet known by you, and that as you go on, things will become more flexible than you thought. Given your user name, and the money aspect of the card, I have to look at that for you. It shows finances as being meagre for the forseeable future, but with no excessive debts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I`d still love one Oryx please yesterday over but could still do with some devine inspiration.

mattjack wrote: »
    I,d like one too , please
    This card flipped over as I shuffled, so Ill read it for you. It is the Sun. I shows a glowing golden figure holding a lyre and a bow. It is a card which shows clarity, optimism, and renewed trust.

From this card I get the impression that in your life you have a male acquaintance that you look up to and are glad to have around. This person has helped you out and you are grateful to them. Youve been through a few dark days when you made mistakes, but you are out the other side of it now. While you still dont know quite how things are going to go, the Sun shows a very positive time for you. Nothing outstanding happening, just steady times, when things feel solid and good. Trust and rely on your friends, and also trust your own instincts when it comes to other people. You wont go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

This card flipped over as I shuffled, so Ill read it for you. It is the Sun. I shows a glowing golden figure holding a lyre and a bow. It is a card which shows clarity, optimism, and renewed trust.

From this card I get the impression that in your life you have a male acquaintance that you look up to and are glad to have around. This person has helped you out and you are grateful to them. Youve been through a few dark days when you made mistakes, but you are out the other side of it now. While you still dont know quite how things are going to go, the Sun shows a very positive time for you. Nothing outstanding happening, just steady times, when things feel solid and good. Trust and rely on your friends, and also trust your own instincts when it comes to other people. You wont go far wrong.

Thanks MJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Any chance of an aul reading? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mbuble

Woo finally got time to get back to this. :)

Yours is the Three of Cups which I know has come up before. The divinatory meaning of this card is the celebration of a marriage, a love affair, the birth of a child or some other emotionally promising situation. It is not a card of happy endings as such, but shows a beginning, which life will progress from.

You are seen in this card as an independant person who tries not to rely on others for your happiness. To a degree this is a good thing, but the people around you can get frustrated in their attempts to get close to you or help you out. You come across as happy, but you do tend to worry pointlessly about the problems of other people. You are held in high regard by those who know you, and it is ok to show them your more vulnerable side. This is not really in keeping with the theme of the card, but I hope you got something from it either way.

WOWSERS this was spot on!!! You have a gift there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

The Ace of Pentacles came out for you. This shows a male figure rising from water with a pentacle held aloft in his hands. This card shows the promise of material achievement. In your life a situation has arisen (or is coming) where you will gain the financial means to do something new. This feels more like the result of clever investment or strategy on your part rather than pure luck, or borrowing money. You have shown your potential to other people too, your new ventures will have backing and support from people you didnt even expect. It feels like such a positive card for you, like you have so many choices and good directions you can go right now. The world is your oyster.

Wow, hope this is true. Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Funnily enough given your user name, you also got a Pentacle card, this suit are always concerned with work and finances. :) Yours is the Two of Pentacles. It shows a man with a table full of tools set before him, held up by two pentacles.

Like some of the previous cards, this is a card concerned with beginnings. It shows you ready to start a new project. Its all set up and you are ready to go. Yet somehow, you wonder if you are ready, or if you will stick it out to the end. Even at this point you are second guessing if you made the right choices. The card is saying that so much about this is not yet known by you, and that as you go on, things will become more flexible than you thought. Given your user name, and the money aspect of the card, I have to look at that for you. It shows finances as being meagre for the forseeable future, but with no excessive debts.

Thanks Oryx

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

hollee wrote: »
    Id love to have a card read, keep me in mind when you get a chance. Thank you.
    Got to yours eventually. :)

Your card is the Tower. Pretty sure we have had it before, it shows a crumbling building on a rock, surrounded by turbulent seas. It is a card which shows something coming to an end, something that is out of your control. While it is a card that shows destruction, it is actually a very positive card. Old situations are coming to an end. This can be painful as noone is fond of change, but it is a good thing, a wiping the slate clean so you can move on to better things. The reason this is happening is because it is necessary, it is time. Things cannot stay as they were. Dealing with frustrations and difficulties at this time will make you stronger, you will look back later and be very glad this change came. I also feel a strong connection to academia in your card.

(Ive also got to ask just to satisfy my curiousity. Did you used to wear your hair in plaits a lot?)

Thanks so much, I was really looking forward to this.

Ive enjoyed reading others feedback so heres mine....

Not plaits! But I do wear my hair up in a ponytail on a very regular basis.

I did strongly consider returning to study for a Masters earlier this year but finances wouldnt allow it so maybe its still in my future.

As for the 'old situations coming to an end' I am just a bit confused on this one, Im wondering if that relates to my circumstances or a relationship?

I have been in a position for over 15 months that is outside my control and due to come to a head imminently, it has been frustrating beyond belief, and yet a coveted position to be in. When these circumstances change it will be a relief but not exactly a clean slate so thats why Im wondering if this is more likely to apply to a romance?

Thanks again, really enjoying this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

There was something off with that relationship aspect, but rather than go back again and look at it, given what youve told me (which would be cold reading) Ill pull you another card when I get through the others here. I could just be incorrect, ya never know. I cant remember what the other card was, sorry.

And the car thing was that I could see you jingling keys, and they seemed to me to be car keys.

Cheers Oryx for your time, I look forward hearing the next one, it'd be really strange if the same card comes up again, I suppose only time will tell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

Hi Oryx,

If you have time please I would love to get a card read.

thanks a mill and happy xmas
    eamor
    xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dreamgirl18

Hi Oryx,

Could you do a card reading for me?

Many thanks :)

Ceres7 wrote: »
    I'd like a 'one card' , if you're still doing this of course ! - thanks in advance :)
    Your card is the Nine of Swords. This card depicts a man standing in a bleak landscape, his hands covering his ears, while three furies hover above him, their swords pointing his way.

All that sounds quite menacing, and this is a card that deals with worry and fear about the future. To me it seems that a person in your family is putting pressure on you, not maliciously, they are just trying to hold you to their standards. Youre tired, but can't see a way out of it. On a separate note, it seems you enjoy fun nights out, youre a bit of a night owl/party animal. Travel is featured around this aspect. I found it hard to read this card for you, it feels like you are keeping busy and not dwelling on negative things in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Hi, could you pull a card for me when you get a chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭histories

Your card is the Eight of Pentacles. This shows a man working with hand tools at a task. Green hills and a placid lake are shown behind him. Coins lie at his feet.

This card is about a period in life when you take up a new skill or learn a new job. This is something different to your regular career, you may already have worked hard to gain qualifications in something else. It is a card about hard work, but for something that will be exciting and which you will be enthusiastic about. You have good skills in keeping paperwork in order which will serve you well. I also dont see any financial risks being taken, you seem to be careful in this regard. I also get the impression of a european trip with friends on the way.

Thanks for that. The bit about the European trip is spot on.....just found out a friend will be getting married abroad!

Advertisement