Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing down as Mod on Angling

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

just wanted to let you know that I'm regrettably standing down as a Mod on Angling with immediate effect.

It's been good fun, and I'm indebted to the great work that JD put in before me & the work that bitemybanger is currently putting in. Sadly; recently I've found that I'm having to spend an inordinate amount of time answering PM's and justifying decisions, which has simply taken the fun out of it for me & its time that I could be spending with my kids instead.

Anyhow, I'd like to say thanks for the support you guys have given & I have no doubt that bitemybanger will continue with the great work.

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thanks for your time and patience over the last while Andi, hope you get to enjoy a bit more fishing now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

That's a shame Andip.
    Thanks for all your work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thanks for all the work Andi and much appreciation for embracing any ideas users of the forum had.

Tight lines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

Thanks for your efforts. Doesn't sound like much fun but the rest of us benefitted from the work you put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Best of luck Andip;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Well done and thanks for your efforts down the years Andip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

A great loss to the angling forum and a crying shame your time as a mod had to end like this.
    I hope this nonsense from mindless posters(you know who you are) stops here and we can continue to benefit from the knowledge and experience of Andip in future posts.
    Thanks Andip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

coolwings wrote: »
    Well done and thanks for your efforts down the years Andip.

That makes me feel very old ! - but appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Hand out lifetime bans to the idiots sending the PM's and stay on yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Andip,

sorry to see that you are standing down, being a mod myself elsewhere i know how thankless the job can be.

Enjoy your "retirement " , and tight lines !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Thanks and Tight Lines andip I would be very dissapointed to think that you were subjected to any abuse in your position

Advertisement