Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Exterior Smooth Masonary Paint Indoors (acrylic Formula) ?

• 23-11-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys. Is it ok to use Exterior Smooth Masonary Paint Indoors (acrylic-Formula)? I have about 30 Litres left over from a paint job. Not being tight fisted but waste not want not is my motto! If its not a good idea Ill buy some interior Paint. Any advice :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Some brands contain small amounts of fungicide to inhibit mould growth, so using it on very large interior wall areas mightn't be a great idea. Guy I worked for used to swear on it for bathroom ceilings though for that reason.
    Bear in mind too that it's usually a breathable finish which will let moisture through to substrate...not ideal in an area with a lot of moisture that was previously painted with sheened paint since it may blister over time.

How the hell did you end up with 30lt let over?

Advertisement