Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premier cs 5 problem

Options
  • 23-11-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

im trying to edit a video in premier cs 5 but when i try drag the video to the sequence bar it wont drop in?
    any idea why this is
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's very vague.

What kind of video file is it, what's the set up of the sequence? Does it give an error?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i try to drag in an avi file, im not a regular user of premier so i am just using default settings.when i drag it over the sequence bar there is the hand with a circle and a line through it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Create a new sequence and try dropping it into that. It shouldn't be necessary that the sequence have the same settings as the video file but try setting up the new sequence based on the video files settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

It may depend what you took the footage from, it it possible that you do not own the footage . Some files are locked against editing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Check you can support the codec of the file you are editing. Avi is not a codec, it's just a container. I use an app called VideoSpec for Mac to get this information. If you're using Windows, google an appropriate program. Check the codec then download it if you don't have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement