Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Well they're compatible but not the best value. Have you got a credit card that would enable you to shop online? A bank transfer would allow you to shop with hardwareversand.de. A few places take laser (komplett.ie, elara.ie). You could also get a money card from o2 which you can use as a credit card. You top them up (there's a few charges to watch out for but if you're carefull it would work out better in the long run). They're normally €5 for the card but you can get them free until the end of the month - see Bargain Alerts forum.

Aside from that, the first item already includes RAM and a CPU cooler. You'd also need case, DVD drive and hard drive for a full system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leec313

would the delivery cost not affect the cost in the end? and i have a case and DVD drive, i just wanted to know if everything would work together. also i wanted extra ram, but didn't know it included the CPU cooler.
    Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Well I'm seeing better prices on even amazon.co.uk which have free delivery.
    Komplett.ie and memoryc.com also have free delivery.

Edit:
    For example:
    8GB of RAM cheaper than 4GB was with pcworld:
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3ram/8gbgskillpc310600ntseriescl9dualkit.html
    6770 for a few £ cheaper:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Radeon-Graphics-PCI-Express-Technology/dp/B004YJOT64/

Edit 2: That motherboard's chipset is a bit dated (still compatible but doesn't have the new features like 6Gbps SATA).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I'd recommend staying away from Maplins, they really are rather pricey.

Hardwareversand.de have a flatrate 30 euro delivery fee to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leec313

Thanks for the suggestions guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement