Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five arrested over murders of Shane Geoghegan and Roy Collins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Good stuff from the Gardai. Hope that there is enough solid evidence to send anyone involved to prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

They were also arrested for the murder of james cronin

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Lemme guess, from Ballinacurra Weston/Prospect/Hyde Road?

Chain em up and horse them off the shannon bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Arrested in the Midlands and Dublin. Could either be Limerick gang members avoiding their home city, or individuals connected to paid killers who were brought in to commit the murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

3 of them were arrested in their prison cells in the midlands and dublin.
    The other 2 were lifted in limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

We so need the death penalty for rapists and murderers in this country.

We so need the death penalty for rapists and murderers in this country.

No we dont.. if you commit a crime you should be punish but not killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

Stab*City wrote: »

fantastic news, hopefully the scum will be put away for a long long time.

Story_Bud wrote: »
    No we dont.. if you commit a crime you should be punish but not killed.

are you living in ireland at all? theres no such thing as punishment or justice in this country. you take a life by rape/murder then you spend life in prison and that means life not 7 years or you get put to death they should be the only two solutions. punishment does not work with scum they never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

UPDATE:
    More arrests made today.....

Gardaí have arrested another four people in connection with three ongoing murder inquiries in Limerick.
    The two men and two women, all in their 20s, were arrested in the city this morning, and are being held at Roxboro Road, Henry Street and Mayorstone Garda stations.
    The four were being questioned about the murder of rugby player Shane Geoghegan (28), who was shot near his home in Dooradoyle in a case of mistaken identity in November 2008.
    Gardaí were also questioning the detainees about the murder in April 2008 of James Cronin (20). His body was found in a shallow grave. A postmortem found he had been shot in the head.
    They were also being questioned about the 2009 murder of Roy Collins (34), a father of two, who was shot as he worked in the family amusement arcade in Roxboro.
    Today’s arrests follow the arrests five prison inmates yesterday in connection with the same offences.
    Three of the men were arrested from prisons in Dublin and the Midlands while two others were arrested in Limerick prison.
    The five men, in their 20s and 30s, were questioned at Roxboro Road, Henry Street, and Mayorstone Garda stations in Limerick and Clondalkin and Whitehall stations in Dublin.
    All five were released without charge late last night and a file is being prepared for DPP.

• Advertisement

are you living in ireland at all? theres no such thing as punishment or justice in this country. you take a life by rape/murder then you spend life in prison and that means life not 7 years or you get put to death they should be the only two solutions. punishment does not work with scum they never change.

Of Course I am living in ireland but it aint the USA here its proven that in states with the death penalty that murders go up and how can people want for someone to die.. thats just sick ! I know of cases where people who have committed a crime have been punish severely! It doesn't help that there is discrimination to people from certain communities because of what they dress like,i have been discriminated against this and i dont think its fair .. i didnt do no wrong yet people see me as scum,why because im from prospect and wear a tracksuit and sometimes it bothers me when people think they are better than me ! What people dont see is nobody wins when someone is killed theres victims on both sides and people should see it this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Of Course I am living in ireland but it aint the USA here its proven that in states with the death penalty that murders go up and how can people want for someone to die.. thats just sick ! I know of cases where people who have committed a crime have been punish severely! It doesn't help that there is discrimination to people from certain communities because of what they dress like,i have been discriminated against this and i dont think its fair .. i didnt do no wrong yet people see me as scum,why because im from prospect and wear a tracksuit and sometimes it bothers me when people think they are better than me ! What people dont see is nobody wins when someone is killed theres victims on both sides and people should see it this way

When someone is murdered as in the cases of Roy Collins, Shane Geoghan, and James Cronin, there are not victims on both "sides"

The only victims are the people who were murdered and their families.

The killers if caught are certainly not victims.

As for being from Prospect and wearing a tracksuit. Where you are from does not define you as a person, nor does whether you wear a tracksuit or not. If someone judges you just because you wear a tracksuit then that speraks volumes about their ignorance/prejudices.

What defines how I view a person is their actions. If someone acts like a scumbag, commits criminal acts big or small, then they are scum in my eyes.

If some guy is from Prospect or any other area, wears a tracksuit and does not commit crime etc., then what I see is a regular decent guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The only person who can get these scum convicted with evidence is the fool currently serving life for the murder of Roy Collins. Now if he talks and helps get those scum convicted he will be eligible for the Witness Protection, As he is serving Life he will be before a committee before being released, The committee will look favourable on him if he has given evidence and helped in any convictions regarding the scumbags. So could be a fairly short sentence for him after all.

My friend, scum are not defined by where they come from and what they wear it's their actions and in taking a life there should be only two solutions death or life imprisonment I am originally from Weston never got involved with a bad group or got up to anything bad I went to school kept my head down and I'm currently doing well in college the reason your getting discriminated against is because of scum like this, and it's because I know what living near scum is like for 18 years while my parents work hard and I go to college and don't go drinking cans I see the impact scum like this have on ordinary families and the fact that they barely get punishment is a joke. I hate the fact that it's only a few people that bring down an area the majority of people that i know in Weston/ Hyde road are decent. However I do respect your views but there not the same as mine.

Why isnt James cronins name included into the title ? .. I know its because of peoples crimes in the area that i get discriminated but i dont feel its fair when even the gaurds pull me over and treat me like a criminal it certainly isnt fair and sometimes i just want to lose it but i dont because its wrong but i understand how people do crack,i understand that some people have a hard life and are doomed from the start and i have friends who just got into the wrong crowd and its hard to get out but i know that they are good people at the end of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Seems I was right..http://www.herald.ie/news/dundon-gang-implodes-as-members-talk-to-gardai-2945274.html

They are ****ed now, Just remember Sausage Roll Collins's fell out with them so they could be involved in this too, If so they will be out on their appeal soon.

I knew of their mum Anne, Spoke to her twice or three times, Don't think she was impressed with all the trouble either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Not mentioning any names(we know who). But Lock em up till the cows come home.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Why isnt James cronins name included into the title ? ..
    We all know what the heartless bastards did to James Cronin. May they rot in hell.

Advertisement