Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reported to social services

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

If it happened to me and I knew it was just malicious I would be contacting a solicitor to discuss my options.

In my opinion a person who does that has to be somewhat unstable and as such could be liable to do it again. If you are correct in the assumption that they work for the HSE then they are abusing their position and there's a possibility that no 'black mark' will be recorded against them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

OP, I was wondering if it might be possible your older child told a white lie to make herself appear more grown-up or mature to her peers - maybe she heard others saying they were independent and their parents allow them to go places or stay home on their own or have older boyfriends , and decided she had to pretend to do similar so she would "fit in". And then a parent was alerted to this and was concerned?

Maybe it's rubbish, but I remember being 14 and trying to be part of the crowd. And I know lots of my classmates told stuff that was pure fabrication.

Anyway i'm pleased it appears to be sorted, but you'll be on tenterhooks until you find out who told on you and how they came up with the story!

Advertisement