Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel/Restaurant kitchen space to rent

Options
  • 23-11-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I'm looking to rent a kitchen space, with oven included in a hotel, restaurant, cafe, for 4-5 hours very early in the morning, from about 5am for the month of December.

I am planning to open my own bakery in January/February, but I dont want to rush into taking a premises that I am not sure about for the sake of it.

I do however have a stall booked at one of the big farmers markets in Dublin, and need somewhere to bake, I have a new food concept and would love to be able to sell it and get a feel for the product.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly apprectiated.

Thanks in advance
    P

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Hi P,

Ive posted this before when I saw a similar request. You will find it very difficult to sublet a premises from a working establishment. Insurance would be a major obstacle as it would be very difficult to obtain - for both you and the premises.

I would say to contact Bord Bia. They have test kitchens scatterred around the country - as do various food companies. As long as you are in the testing phase, you should find it a bit easier to avail of the facilities once you have your business plan put togeather to show them that you believe it is a viable product.

If you went to a catering college, they might as a good will gesture let you use their facilities for a day or two.

Sodexo, Aramark, Compass, Kylemore and BaxterStorey etc all have units that they would like to be knocking a bit more revenue out of, so maybe contact them and see if they would be willing to sublet a smaller unit in the hours that you would like.

Its a difficult one and I dont know anyone who has successfully managed this, but as times get tighter, maybe it will become a viable option for young businesses.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 passionate

Great advice, thanks for your time to post that. I will definately get in touch with Bord Bia, sounds like a really good option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Youre welcome. :)

Another option would be that if you got a job in a restaurant/ bakery/whatever and worked for minimum wage for X ammount of hours per day then used the rest of your hourly rate to use their kitchen when it is empty. That was you are covered as an employee and they are covered as an employer.

Advertisement