Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening uk bank account from ireland?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

so the folks have been reading the finacial times and whatnot and are worried about their savings if the euro goes. is the best bet to put it in a uk bank?
    i came across this site for llyods tsb
    http://www.lloydstsb-offshore.com/
    seems easy enough to open an account.
    is the sterling safe though?! is it possible to open a bank account in a different country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

That link brings you to either Jersey or IOM. Both safe enough areas and they speak our language, so no problems with Germans etc. it is NOT mainland UK however.

LLoyds is one of the UK big banks, but was bailed out like our big banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bigmax

Hi, I am wondering if other senior citizen have the same problem as mine. I am 65yr of age,have a house presently valued
    at €350000,no mortgage,not in negative equity.I have small credit Loans €28000 which are taken alot of my pension for repayments. A close family member got very ill recently,and inorder to be close to her for support I need to release some of the equity in my home. I approached my own Bank which I have an account with for over 30 yrs,they told me I was too old and not eligable for a remortgage or a longterm Loan.Because the Credit Union Loans were recent and cannot extend beyond 5yrs they cannot do anything for me.I pay €780 PM, to the CU.My only hope was a long term Loan/mortgage.€780PM would cover a good Loan to get me over this problem. Would I get a mortgage from an International Bank/Lender? Anyone out there with ideas?.
    Bigmax

Advertisement