Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda xmas Bonanza

Options
  • 23-11-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

The Xmas Bonanza seems to have been a huge success with massive crowds coming out onto the town for both the switching on of the lights and fireworks on sun night . 8,000 people on fri night and 10 ,000 on sun night ! Fair play to all involved :D Local businesses are stating between 25 % and 75 % increase in trade on this time last year . Long may it last .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The amount of people down around the Quays and outside the social welfare on sunday was unreal. It was a fantastic turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

It was great to see so many people in West Street last weekend. Great buzz and community spirit. Hope the momentum will continue as the towns starting to come together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

I enjoyed seeing the crowds come out and there was a bit of an atmosphere... but to cast a critical eye on it, I think they could have made more of an effort with the Christmas market on West St.
    * They could have closed off traffic going down it for the wknd... the market was shoved on to the street and was a bit cramped.
    * Better lighting might 'ave been an idea? as it was getting duskey on Sunday evening, you could hardly see one thing that was on the stalls due to lack of light.
    * Location. why did they not have it centered on the steps of St. Peters and spread out from there...?!

anyway, just an observation... I bought some lovely "Bellingham Blue" Stilton cheese from some dude, so that kept me happy! :rolleyes:
    ps. Foirewu'ks were great too... :pac:

Advertisement