Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeding at Windgates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Well all I can say is that road is absurdly fast. I simply cannot see why people have to do 80 between Bray and Greystones.

I can all too easily see people about to cross the road, an 84 comes into view sooner than expected, they try to rush across for it, and ... wham.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The cycling thing has been done to death in other threads, can we keep to the said subject please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

The main Bray-Greystones road at Windgates is dangerously fast. Walkers needing to cross the road have to be extremely careful, especially at the top of the road at Windgates itself. I am amazed there have not been people killed. There is no real need for high speeds on this road, and traffic calming is clearly in order.

There have been people killed.

In the mid 90s a girl crossing near the bus stop just before the long straight heading towards Bray was killed when hit by a car.

A chid was killed near the entrance to Seaview maybe 30 years ago.

Fran Mitchell was killed more recently when he fell asleap while driving and hit the wall at The Grove. OK that case was not to do with speeding per se, but the characteristics of the road itself when descending down from Windgates, mean even cars coasting along will gather very high speeds quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Huntthe wrote: »
    Your wrong there buddy they're all about the crime prevention. Just take a look at their website. I took this off it.

-Hiding in bushes to catch and punish people driving a tad over the speed limit in low risk areas.

Ok so I added in the last one just to make those lazy f'ers at Windgates and Kilmac look a bit better :D

I relation to your last point, a girl was killed at the bus stop a good few years ago after a car came down the hill to fast and had to swerve all the way across the road because they didn't have time to brake.

Another accident happened after a car went over the hill too fast and into the back off a bus on the other side.

Just two that I know of. Doesn't sound like a very low risk area to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

I know all about the dangers of Windgates and Redford better than most. I was refering to specific areas and speed limits and the manner in which they are policed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Huntthe wrote: »
    I know all about the dangers of Windgates and Redford better than most. I was refering to specific areas and speed limits and the manner in which they are policed.

Can you clarify which specific areas you are talking about?

Advertisement