Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest tyres in Clonmel area.

Options
  • 23-11-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi, can anybody recommend a cheap place to get tyres done around Clonmel? I've been quoted 60e a tyre. Do you know a cheaper place?!! Even somewhere in Waterford or Carrick on Suir will do. Just a basic Opel Corsa job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Glanworth retail up in Ard Gaoithe Bus Park ( Up past guidant ) are fairly cheap. Got a few tyres off him last year and he couldnt be bet for price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Glanworth retail up in Ard Gaoithe Bus Park ( Up past guidant ) are fairly cheap. Got a few tyres off him last year and he couldnt be bet for price!

Fully agree here great guy to deal with and his pricing is great on all Tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Thanks for the recommendation, I rang him and he is cheaper than the other offer I got. You've saved me about 60 yoyos overall. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

There's a garage in Kilmagany Co Kilkenny. It's about 10 minutes from Carrick on Suir, and probably about 25 minutes from Clonmel if you head towards Kilkenny and turn off somewhere near Callan.

I think it's called Bargaintyres or something along those lines. I dealt with them twice in the last 4 years (last time baout 2 years back) and they were pretty cheap in fairness. There was an article in a paper at the time I first went about how they were one of the cheapest in the country.

I've been using Eiretyres with the last few years and getting a garage in Callan to put them on for me. I'm able to get proper branded tyres which seem to last that little bit longer and are of better quality for a similar price.

There's also a garage on the way out of Carrick, heading towards Waterford that is advertising tyres from €20 or €25 per tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Anybody that I know who's into cars swears by the place in Kilmoganny. Think his name is Joe Barry or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Broads.ie wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation, I rang him and he is cheaper than the other offer I got. You've saved me about 60 yoyos overall. :pac:

Mines Bulmer's thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

There is a guy out in cloneen village(go out past Fethard) that is cheap as fcuk. One man job but he has been doing it for years. Cheap prices and he even gives you a free car wash afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

what size are they? will try match/beat any price you get for the same brand tyre give me a pm if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Cheap tyres are usually cheap for a reason. Poorly fabricated Turkish or Chinese brands can be treacherous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Tremelo wrote: »
    Cheap tyres are usually cheap for a reason. Poorly fabricated Turkish or Chinese brands can be treacherous.

Thats true but then again its a lot cheaper to buy off somebody working a one man business that has been running for 20 years than some nationwide business that has a huge premises, advertising costs and huge celtic tiger expansion loans to pay off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement