Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow Market

Options
  • 23-11-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, i was travelling home at the weekend and saw a new market advertised at the homebase retail park but it had finished. Does anyone know what kind of stuff they sell there and is it worth a visit? I might try to make it down this weekend to see whats happening there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Wasn't there myself but from what I heard a lot of the stalls were local businesses setting out their wares - no real haggling room. Saying that it's probably worth a visit depending on what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Yea, I'd say its definitely worth a visit. I was expecting the usual tools and hi-vis Jackets to be on sale. Instead there were all local food producers, arts crafts jewellery etc. Something new and different in the town..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JimmyR

Definitly worth a visit, theres even a lad selling fitness supplements there if your interested in that sort of thing. I know you can get them in other shops in town but he does better prices as far as I know.

I could be corrected on this but I think the market is open from 12 - 6 or 2-6 Saturdays and Sundays. Not sure is it just till Christmas or if its going to be a permanent thing, maybe someone else could confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CorianderLion

Well, I called into the market yesterday and was surprisingly impressed:) a nice selection of food, arts & crafts and "man stuff" for the other half to look at while I was mootching:D. Bought some delicious soup from the main stall at the front (very Avoca-ish) which had lots of yummy food and I also got some jewellery and cupcakes. Nice atmosphere there and no car boot type stuff so I will def call in again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

JimmyR wrote: »
    I could be corrected on this but I think the market is open from 12 - 6 or 2-6 Saturdays and Sundays. Not sure is it just till Christmas or if its going to be a permanent thing, maybe someone else could confirm this.
    It's open 10-5 on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday. It's a permanent thing. There was a fairly substantial investment put into it (Longford Leader reports €50,000)
    Well, I called into the market yesterday and was surprisingly impressed:) a nice selection of food, arts & crafts and "man stuff" for the other half to look at while I was mootching:D. Bought some delicious soup from the main stall at the front (very Avoca-ish) which had lots of yummy food and I also got some jewellery and cupcakes. Nice atmosphere there and no car boot type stuff so I will def call in again:)
    Those cupcakes you bought would've been my mum's. ;)
    *cough* http://www.facebook.com/JessiesCakes *cough* :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Popple3 wrote: »
    It's open 10-5 on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday. It's a permanent thing. There was a fairly substantial investment put into it (Longford Leader reports €50,000)

Am curious to know how excatly €50,000 was invested. Every item and stall in the place wouldnt come close to €50,000 rent included as the building is only a mid-sized shop floor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Popple3 wrote: »

I know who you are will blow your secret identity!!!!!!!!
    Hows married life?
    or are you the other one?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

I know who you are will blow your secret identity!!!!!!!!
    Hows married life?
    or are you the other one?
    I'm the other one. :P

The question is... Who are you..? O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

somuj wrote: »
    Am curious to know how excatly €50,000 was invested. Every item and stall in the place wouldnt come close to €50,000 rent included as the building is only a mid-sized shop floor.

From what I've been told, the place was pretty much completely empty before the market was set up. They were working on it for in or around a month (Maybe more?) prior to it opening. Also, I've been there a few times, quite pleased about it! Perfect with Esquires right there, too. :3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

MrPirate wrote: »
    From what I've been told, the place was pretty much completely empty before the market was set up. They were working on it for in or around a month (Maybe more?) prior to it opening. Also, I've been there a few times, quite pleased about it! Perfect with Esquires right there, too. :3
    Just like many warehouses in and around Longford :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

MrPirate wrote: »

I've been there a few times. Stalls wouldnt come close to 10,000 let alone 50,000. Must ave been a dodgey carpenter or maybe some crooked insurance company got a hold on them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 truesmiles

I have a stall there myself and things are going grand. It is nice and warm and cosy and worth a visit. No car boot items luckily! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 opalonline

OPAL (Opportunities for Personal Achievement in Life opened their stand at the Red Cow Market this month. We are on site every Saturday between 10am and 6pm. All profits raised go towards the work carried out by The OPAL Foundation and help towards the cost of running The OPAL Positive Psychology & Inner Well Being Centre.

Products on display include:
      Self-Help & Inspirational Books, CD's etc. Hand Crafted Cards Chinese Health Balls Inscense, Tealights, Candles etc. Chinese Paintings & Art Work - All Originals

Information is also available on a range of Life Management issues and a Qualified Therapist is on site to provide free advice.

Visit the OPAL Web Site www.opal.ie or contact us on info@opal.ie 089 4212350

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sparkles999

Hi all, just quick note to say Red Cow Market is closing this weekend (23/6/2013), but most of the traders are moving across the park, to Unit 8, beside Carpetrite, trading as The Dome. We've a bigger building and are planning to have lots more mini-shops there - all quality items, fab food etc. Hope to see you there from 6th July 2013. :)

Advertisement