Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard Deals and Apache Pizza- Waste of Time....

Options
  • 23-11-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

I recently traded in some clubcard vouchers for one of their deals- a 10 euro voucher for apache pizza. Apache are now doing an offer 9,99 for any pizza, any size if you pay 3 for delivery so your average joe calling up would pay 13 for a large pizza delivered. http://www.apache.ie/.

When we called up and told them we had the clubcard deal, the man on the phone paused and said oh...ill have to calculate the price for you. He then told us our pizza would be 26 euro incl delivery so with our token it would be 16.

Seriously what kind of madness is this??? The 10 euro voucher actually makes my meal MORE expensive. Never again!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'd imagine the 9.99 has t's and c's saying that it can't be used in conjunction with another offer or vouchers and the normal price of your pizza would have been 26,minus ten with the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Im sure thats true but is it not insane that the voucher makes my pizza more expensive than if i were to just ring up with no voucher? surely that makes NO sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't understand your complaint OP. The t&c's are clear before you availed of the clubcard deal.
    Minimum standard order for €20 for Deliveries for Apache Pizza.
    Tokens cannot be used for Meal Deals or Beverages.
    Tokens cannot be used to purchase merchandise and cannot be used to in conjunction with any other offer, voucher, promotion or set menu. Maximum of 8 guests per party.
    All standard Clubcard Deals scheme terms and conditions apply. These can be found on the website.

Confused that people dont think its a bit of a joke! I have the t&c's too. Had no problem ordering few things at all and spending 20 but didnt want to be charged more for the exact same product than everyone else who called up that night because I had a tesco voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 chloe1984

I completely see your point OP. Had you rang and said nothing you would be paying less money than you would be with a "money saving" voucher. This doesnt make any sense to me. I would be really annoyed too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

closifer wrote: »
    Confused that people dont think its a bit of a joke! I have the t&c's too. Had no problem ordering few things at all and spending 20 but didnt want to be charged more for the exact same product than everyone else who called up that night because I had a tesco voucher!

What don't you understand?

1) Its clearly stated you can't use the voucher with any deals
    2) You tryed to use the voucher with a deal
    3) they told you you couldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Dodge wrote: »
    What don't you understand?

1) Its clearly stated you can't use the voucher with any deals
    2) You tryed to use the voucher with a deal
    3) they told you you couldn't
    They didn't try to use the voucher with a deal, their problem is that it costs more because you have a voucher
    • With the voucher the cost of the pizza was €16
    • Without the voucher, the cost of the pizza was €13
    It's pretty stupid. Although, OP, it's more Apache's stupidity than Tesco's.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its only a promotional thing with apache, it comes and goes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, what date is on the Tesco deals vouchers, its usually a year or so.

I'd get onto Tesco and see if they can give you different vouchers, you could be surprised.

28064212 wrote: »
    They didn't try to use the voucher with a deal, their problem is that it costs more because you have a voucher
    • With the voucher the cost of the pizza was €16
    • Without the voucher, the cost of the pizza was €13
    It's pretty stupid. Although, OP, it's more Apache's stupidity than Tesco's.

Thank you!!! Someone sees my point!

• Advertisement
Advertisement