Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Monitoring wiht a HKC Alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    Saying you only install one system & not giving the customer a choice is not the actions of a good installer IMO,

I am sure there are many installers out there who use 1 system.
    That is entirely up to them. Not up to us to judge !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    I am sure there are many installers out there who use 1 system.

There are plenty. I come across them at least one a week when pricing jobs. Not judging them at all. They make my job easier & busier.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thats good as it is not up to us to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Koolkid you do constantly make it out as though the siemens panel is better then the rest. Honestly when I go to a mates or family members house its either a HKC ,Aritech cs350 or simon panel they have installed because there easy to use and do exactly what an alarm should do. i.e contact them or a monitoring station when a sensor is tripped. Do you not think that by connecting panels to the web your asking for trouble?? :( and dont all those extra features make it harder for the user to use the panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would seem your friends and family have fairly old alarms.
    It's good while since I installed a CS350, Simon is old as well. Even the HKC secure watch is a bit dated now.
    The Siemens panel has some good features over other panels in the same price range.
    Features don't mean more complicated to use. Today's DVD players are full of features compared to old VHS units. You remember how complicated they were to programme.
    As for web acceds , that is quickly becoming the norm.
    Ip monitoring where the connection can be polled every minute will be a very secure way to monitor. Years ago having home cameras with web access was rare. Now is the norm even for the most basic systems. Alarms will become the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Customers deserve what they want not what the installer wants.
    Galaxy and ATS are great panel as well. Galaxy would be a bit OTT for some simple jobs, but if that's what the customer wants them that's what we are willing and able to install, maintain and support. Unlike the OPs builder I don't force systems on customers because I want to keep it simple.
    Should the customer not be allowed a choice in something that is protecting ,possibly their biggest possession?
    If not why not?

Funny you should mention the galaxy, this in one of the panels that can send texts with on UPC but for the last 2 years you have taken the view that you can not send texts on UPC.

Im sure we cleared that up some time ago. Is there something in that relevant to this discussion?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Not much point in offering all these panels to customers if you do not know them inside out.
    Back to the company only installing one panel and knowing it's every detail.
    I know what I'd prefer

Quite a desperate stretch .
    Strangly enough I have never had a customer who wanted a Galaxy installed who had UPC telephone line & wanted it to send texts.
    Just luckey I guess;)
    If I ever do come across one, (Which I doubt) can I refer them to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

It would seem your friends and family have fairly old alarms.
    It's good while since I installed a CS350, Simon is old as well. Even the HKC secure watch is a bit dated now.
    The Siemens panel has some good features over other panels in the same price range.
    Features don't mean more complicated to use. Today's DVD players are full of features compared to old VHS units. You remember how complicated they were to programme.
    As for web acceds , that is quickly becoming the norm.
    Ip monitoring where the connection can be polled every minute will be a very secure way to monitor. Years ago having home cameras with web access was rare. Now is the norm even for the most basic systems. Alarms will become the same.

They all work :D whats wrong with these panels?

• Advertisement

They work, but they are old thats all.
    Newer systems have newer features in the same price range thats all.
    If you were buying a new phone would you pay the same money for an old Nokia 6110 or a new Iphone or similar?
    They both work...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

They work, but they are old thats all.
    Newer systems have newer features in the same price range thats all.
    If you were buying a new phone would you pay the same money for an old Nokia 6110 or a new Iphone or similar?
    They both work...

If i only wanted a phone for calls and texts and bought an iphone i would be disappointed because with a Nokia it would have better battery life and more reliable call quality.

So , lets say you were buying a new phone today & an iPhone,a Samsung Galaxy & a Nokia 6110 were on offer & they were all the same price.
    Which would you take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

So , lets say you were buying a new phone today & an iPhone,a Samsung Galaxy & a Nokia 6110 were on offer & they were all the same price.
    Which would you take?

If i didn't want any of the features in a smart phone i would go with the one with the best battery life, call quality and my network supported. I haven't sat down and compared them so i cant really say!. :D

So you would choose 10 year old technology over features etc.
    If thats your choice then a CS350 , HKC Securewatch or Simon Panel is for you. In my experience , when something is not more expensive, people choose newer & better features.

Advertisement