Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty salon at home

• 23-11-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I do beauty treatments from home and am findihg it hard to get up and going.

Will people always prefer to go to a salon or would you prefer someone who is flexible around you?

What is the most important thing when you go to get a treatment done -
    • Comfort
    • Service
    • Convenient appointment times (option for late evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays)
    • Therapist
    I would greatly like some feedback as I've had compliments from my regulars but I can't seem to branch out to others and I'm wondering if there's something they aren't telling.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hi there,

I only ever go to beauty salons to get my nails done (usually with shellac) or to have eyebrows waxed and/or tinted. I love getting facials but find them a bit pricey so don't do them often.
    For me the priority is cost and location. It has to be reasonable or else I'll just try and do my eyebrows and nails myself.
    Best of luck with the business. Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

I think its all in the experience, you want to feel pampered and relaxed.
    I dont go to the beauticians often, usually only for special occasions, so it has to be good.
    Is your work area seperate from your home area? Looking around at someone else's home when I'm supposed to be relaxing would put me off as I'd be thinking I should be at home cleaning/cooking whatever.

Good Luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

For me, it is a whole experience... I attended a lady's apartment for waxing and a facial before. She was a good therapist but the room was very small and the tanning booth took up most of it, not to mention the main road behind the window that carried a lot of traffic. The plinth was very cheap and I was worried it would go from under me at one stage. She had to squeeze around me during the facial, leave the room and come back with basins of water. Not relaxing when she was moving plinth and me each time!
    At one point, she left the room to "hang up washing" and I was mid bikini wax.

It is little things I guess... treat the room as a salon, and have space enough to make your clients comfortable :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would be wary of dealing with people from home as if the service was bad, you have no official come back. I would also be worried about hygiene.

I go to the beauticians a lot for tan and nails. They do a lot of offers so it's much better value than it used to be.

I would try to come across as very professional in all aspects of the business and like others have said, make sure the room looks really good. I only ever do late night appointments (after 6) so that is something to consider.

Advertisement