Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2011-Ho Ho Ho let the fun begin!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Thought I'd bump this up as it's gone a bit dead.

Will have mine posted on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Got my presents today, not fully happy but they are still good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Its hard to be fully happy with what you get. But I don't think thats the purpose of it anyway. It's the sheer fun of getting the presents, wrapping them and sending them and then waiting for the post to come to you:D I just love it!!! Don't care what I (I mean the dogs:eek:) get - its the fun of it I love!!;)

Shazanne wrote: »
    Its hard to be fully happy with what you get. But I don't think thats the purpose of it anyway. It's the sheer fun of getting the presents, wrapping them and sending them and then waiting for the post to come to you:D I just love it!!! Don't care what I (I mean the dogs:eek:) get - its the fun of it I love!!;)

Oh ya I know but it's still nice to find exactly what you want to buy! Mine will b out in Mondays post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hmm, I'm still no further forward. I still need to find a nice card, that's a job for today then!

• Advertisement

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Oh ya I know but it's still nice to find exactly what you want to buy! Mine will b out in Mondays post.

I know!! And I should really practice what I preach cause I'm just as bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Gah! Forgot the feckin cat lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Its going to be Wednesday before I get mine out, simply can't any sooner with work etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Wrapped and ready to go! In a flash of mentalness today had the "bright" idea of embellishing one of the presents ....errr...glad my SS wont be able to read :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Got mine today. I left it too late to order anything online, so I don't think I got very good value for money, I'd forgotten how expensive pet shops can be!! But I like what I got and I hope my SS's do too!

Will wrap and post tomorrow.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

i'm nearly sorted, must get a card and then i can post it.. it's soo exciting now :D

Mines wrapped and ready to go. I apologize if my SS gets an odour de cat off mine, a certain four legged furry decided to help me wrap it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ok, mine went out in the post this morning. Roll on the 22nd :D

If anyone thinks they wont be able to send theirs this week,for whatever reason (things happen) can you PM Adrenalinjunkie to let her know. We all should have our pressies by Dec 15th the latest.Theres no crazy snow like last year so fingers crossed theres no delays.

If you havent received yours by the 15th (ish) let us know and the relevant SS can be contacted...dont want a sad doggy/kitty on the 22nd ;)

anniehoo wrote: »
    Theres no crazy snow like last year so fingers crossed theres no delays.

Yet... There was snow up here (letterkenny) this morning and the gap was meant to be very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Mine is all wrapped and in the box (still need to 1) Remove the cat 2) seal it up and address it!) And pre-appologies to our SS about the whiff of cat from the box - despite having tunnels (a cat one from the pet shop and a kids one from Argos) and 2 cat tents - boxes are his fetish! :rolleyes: He just can't resist, everytime I pass it I pull him out of it and close it up - seconds later he's back in :rolleyes: I'll try and get him out for good before posting it off to the SS! But no guarantee on that! :D:rolleyes::D

Unfortunately I wont be able to get it to the post office today due to Kali being at the vet for an injured dew claw (the "thumb" for dogs) which now has to be removed so between it all I dont see me getting it all packaged up and to the post office today - but it WILL be sent out tomorrow for sure!!

I wouldn't mind getting a parcel with a cat inside!! The cat might not be too keen tho - and either would my two resident canines!

Anyway - I cheated today and sent a girl from the office to the Post Office to send my parcels off. But she returned, cold and not pleased at being sent to begin with, with the parcels still in her hands:eek: Apparently I have to put them in padded envelopes or they will fall apart in transit:rolleyes:
    So will have to try again tomorrow! And wont have anyone to send as they tell me its Childrens Allowance Day in the Post Office so noone will join the queue!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thank doG, last bits arrived in the post today, wrapping later and will have to post on Wednesday morning as working until 7pm with no chance of getting to post office tomorrow.
    But having fun here choosing wrapping paper and cards.
    I may even start on my people cards list now:o bit slow this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

One of my (sorry the dogs) parcels arrived today...all the way from Canada!!

How exciting is that :D

Gonna post mine tomorow or Wednesday at the very latest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

ALL parcels wrapped (took ages as Molly & Alfie don't like to share :D). Will be in the post tomorrow. Ho Ho Ho let the fun begin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Got mine ahem (pennys) today, travelled a long way too from Canada :D:D

Posting off mine in a few mins, sooo excited :)

Brilliant idea again guys, brightens up the soul I say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

got my parcel posted this morn, apologies about the wrapping, it's some state :D

cant wait to recieve mine (my dogs) package, how am i going to wait till the 22nd to open it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh thank GOD my SS wont know who sent them their package as the wrapping is a disgrace.

I'll just add myself to the dodgy packaging list - it needed to be modified as the packaging was too small for the pressie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Just been informed by hubby that a package arrived for me (Finn:D) this morning! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I have the present, but just need to find the time to wrap and post etc, must try get it sorted soon :o

Oh, mines just arrived too, and its huge!

If everyone keeps me informed as well I won't have to go back and look at my list. I had a little copy/paste system going and sent all the details out almost on autopilot so I'm not entirely sure who got me.

Would be great if I don't have to go back and look at the list for any reason ;)

Sent mine today:D Was standing in the endless queue in the post office thinking that I was sending pressies to make precious pets that I will never meet happy - lovely thought:)

Now all we have to do is keep watching out for the postmas.........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Just returned home to a missed package slip from the post office :D Funny enough its addressed to Kali - am hoping when I go and collect it they don't want her signature of approval for me to collect it :rolleyes::p I wonder if a muddy paw print on it would be acceptable? :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

If everyone keeps me informed as well I won't have to go back and look at my list. I had a little copy/paste system going and sent all the details out almost on autopilot so I'm not entirely sure who got me.

Do you just want us to pm you to say when it's been sent/received?

Advertisement