Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy a Communion Dress off Ebay??

Options
  • 23-11-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Found a really nice one - sizes match and all and really cheap and cute.

But would you really buy off ebay is the question??Any advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I bought my wedding dress off ebay so I would say yes :D

Obviously make sure you do your homework and that that seller is legit....some are scammers sadly but once they have a good record and you can see photos I would be okay I think.

Lots of people are selling off communion outfits now to raise a few bob and Ebay is as good a place as any...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Why not? If its what you want and the seller is ok? Is your concern with ebay itself or that the dress might look cheap or be secondhand?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mky17

eviltwin wrote: »
    I bought my wedding dress off ebay so I would say yes :D

Obviously make sure you do your homework and that that seller is legit....some are scammers sadly but once they have a good record and you can see photos I would be okay I think.

Lots of people are selling off communion outfits now to raise a few bob and Ebay is as good a place as any...

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mky17

Oryx wrote: »
    Why not? If its what you want and the seller is ok? Is your concern with ebay itself or that the dress might look cheap or be secondhand?

Well its marked new so...hopefully but dont want it to look out of place - really....have bought off ebay and with no problems just with a dress for such a special day......just not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Wouldn't think twice about it. I just can't see a good reason why not if it's in perfect condition. You can put some of the money you saved towards making the day even more special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

mky17 wrote: »
    Well its marked new so...hopefully but dont want it to look out of place - really....have bought off ebay and with no problems just with a dress for such a special day......just not sure

Absolutely. I know where you're coming from - and you want to make sure the little girl gets the best - but if you see a lovely dress that would really look nice, you'd be mad not to get it!

Like has already been said, do your background checks on the seller's history / feedback - but you're going to all this trouble to get a lovely dress for the occasion, and there's no reason to spend an extortionate amount in a shop when you could get better for cheaper.

Hope you have a lovely day when it comes around!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i bought my wedding dress on ebay and once the seller feedback is good you should be safe enough.
    i bought from a guy who makes them in china, it was perfect and since i sent off the sizes it was a perfect fit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Absolutely - I'd have no problem selling it on ebay afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Yes, i got my daughters bridesmaid dress off ebay, however its really hard to know what quality the material is. I was slightly disapointed in the material but it looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I bought a dress for my daughters communion off ebay and I hated it. It looked nothing like the pics. It was thin and wrinkled/raggy and the fabric felt cheap. I nearly cried when I saw it:(. I returned it to the seller and was given a refund thank god but I had to pay return shipping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement