Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Advice

Options
  • 23-11-2011 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

Ive recently been informed that to deal with a company on a national level I will have to implement an EDI system for invoicing etc. Im just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on the issue as regards costs of purchasing the software, is there much training involved in using the system, or is it fairly handy to pick up? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a million,

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Hi, I recently had to deal with this for the first time, it's soo confusing starting out!

If you PM me I'll give you contact details for who we dealt with, a lot cheaper than most companies we priced with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭AndyJB

a03bf5c5 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Ive recently been informed that to deal with a company on a national level I will have to implement an EDI system for invoicing etc. Im just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on the issue as regards costs of purchasing the software, is there much training involved in using the system, or is it fairly handy to pick up? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a million,

Brian

Hi Brian,
    You should get the EDI details from the other company before making any decision. In the past I've had requests from suppliers re EDI but all they've actually wanted was to have invoices/statements e-mailed.

Liaise with accounting and tech team on other side as there's not much point reinventing the wheel, if they're any good they should be v-happy to help. Then look at your own accounting systems, there may well be bolt-on elements or upgrades available that would help.

As you'll probably be going down the full blown EDI route you should maximize your return on investment by rolling it out to your other venders/customers. It'll be more cost effective to support a few EDI connections rather than just one and I would expect to see an improvement in cash flow. We can't find your invoice will be a thing of the past, that of course can be a "Pro" and a "Con". All depending which side of the transaction you're on!

Just my few cents worth!

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 a03bf5c5

Thanks a million for the replies, both very helpful, hopefully this will clear up some problems! :D:D

Advertisement