Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 International Experience Canada Programme

Options
  • 23-11-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Just got this email from USIT:

Thank you for registering your Interest in the 2012 International Experience Canada Programme. Unfortunately the details of the programme have not yet been released, including pricing or the opening date. We will be in contact with you as soon as we receive the information.

Thank you for your patience.
    Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Thanks for that Funsterdelux, I just checked the IEC Page today aswell and there is no confirmation date either.. Sucks :mad:

IEC France is now open so hopefully we will know soon when its open for Ireland. My visa is up the end of January so Im hoping they open it early Jan... (Fingers crossed) !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tiv

got that email too but im still in ireland hoping to go out next year after i finish my masters. Is there a good chance to get work out there with an honours degree and a masters in accounting?

Hi Tiv

Yes Definitely, I have 2 friends in that field and they had no problem finding work and are with there company 2 years now and even got sponsored by them for a year.

But like anything else if you want to work you really have to push hard, do your research and keep focused and you will find work here no problem, esp with your masters.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tiv

Thank you very much thats great to hear I wont be going until nearly this time next year so I have plenty of time to research. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tireoghain12

Also got the email....I know the programme doesn't close until July/August but do you have to apply in January to have any chance of getting the visa? or is it safe enough to apply in March or April?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i'd recommend applying straight away....once you get the loi, you dont have to leave straight away......you have a year from the date to enter canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tireoghain12

retalivity wrote: »
    i'd recommend applying straight away....once you get the loi, you dont have to leave straight away......you have a year from the date to enter canada

Yeah I will now. Just read that I won't have to have the money in my bank before applying so it makes it easier to apply in January and save for four or five months. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

just out of curiosity does anyone know when the french iec programme for 2012 opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

can2011 wrote: »
    just out of curiosity does anyone know when the french iec programme for 2012 opened?

pretty sure it's already opened

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minnow1

and it closed yesterday!! WTF! 6750 places gone - when did they open I wonder - it says it's still consider anyone who applied since the 16th Nov, but not after the 28th.. Wonder how long Ireland will be??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

FoosChic wrote: »
    pretty sure it's already opened

Thanks but I was wondering when did it open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 supra4444

I'm planning on going around March, I've been waiting ages for the visas to be available! What's it like getting work over there?? I have a degree in Marketing and I have a decent job in Dublin, but do you think it'll be possible to get a job at a similar level over there?

Hey Minnow1

According to the IEC website its still opened for France and there is 14000 places available.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/jeunesse-youth/programme_mobilite-mobility_program-en.asp

Sorry Minnow1, just checked the IEC website again and first page it says its still open but when u click on the WHP Programme its closed..Thats insane!!!

They must of had very few places going..

Really hope we find out soon when its open for Ireland!! My visa is up the 24th January and I missed this years applications by 1 day and they sent it back to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Just received an email from them there:
    Thank you for registering your interest in International Experience Canada (IEC) 2012. We will be open the initiative in the next few weeks.

So hopefully will be out the first week in January? Wanna head over ASAP now!

Yeah I just got that email now aswell Tsukimi:)

Wonder have the forms changed from last year and if its still $3,000 Proof of funds..

Hopefully they are the same format as last year.. Ohhh I would sooo love if It opened soon and I got my application off to them... Really not going to be able to enjoy Xmas with this over my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Yeah I'm the same, it really would make my Christmas if it opened before, but that's probably not going to happen :<

My friends have their flights booked for the 30th Jan so I wanna head out asap after that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

eeeekkk just got the email as well, applied for my Garda Clearance about a week and a half ago so hopefully will that. Can we start filling out the application now or not until they open it? I literally want to have it ready to send on the day they announce its open! Can't wait!!! :D

As much as Id love it too I really dont think it will open this side of 2012.

Cant believe France is closed already after nearly 6k places gone.

My visa is up 24th, and I have a return flight home on 23rd Jan, But I also have a full time job and was made permanent and id hate to have to leave it :(

Soo let say a prayer and cross everything in the hope it opens up soon..

Best of luck Tsukimi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I've registered my interest and they sent me a link for a step-by-step application guide, but I cant open it and I'm having problems navigating the site, has any one else had a similar problem.

I want to head over as soon as possible. Is there anything I can do between now and the official opening date which would save me time then?

I am starting to do my research, but does anyone have any suggestions, as I said, the website isn't the most user-friendly.

• Advertisement

I've registered my interest and they sent me a link for a step-by-step application guide, but I cant open it and I'm having problems navigating the site, has any one else had a similar problem.

I want to head over as soon as possible. Is there anything I can do between now and the official opening date which would save me time then?

I am starting to do my research, but does anyone have any suggestions, as I said, the website isn't the most user-friendly.

It wouldn't work for me either but this is the link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

You could get your Garda Clearance now, it takes about 3weeks in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

It wouldn't work for me either but this is the link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

You could get your Garda Clearance now, it takes about 3weeks in total.

Thanks for the link wasn't working for me either.

Excitement!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Am I reading it wrong or do we no longer need proof of funds?! Or will that be part of the IEC form that goes up when the program opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Hi

I see on the step guide, that it says that you require a police cert if you have lived outside canada for a period of 6 mths since your birthday. I have been to Australia for about a nine month period before, does that apply and if so has anyone had a similiar experience before?

Also anyone know what kind of costs USIT have charged in the past and the services they provide. We are thinking of using them for our visa application but have no interest in the add on like bank accounts etc that they are also providing.

Appreciate any help

cmac8 wrote: »
    Hi

I see on the step guide, that it says that you require a police cert if you have lived outside canada for a period of 6 mths since your birthday. I have been to Australia for about a nine month period before, does that apply and if so has anyone had a similiar experience before?

Also anyone know what kind of costs USIT have charged in the past and the services they provide. We are thinking of using them for our visa application but have no interest in the add on like bank accounts etc that they are also providing.

Appreciate any help

Can't help you in relation to the police cert question but in terms of USIT, I went with them for a J1 Visa to America before they were so expensive, so this time were doing it indepentently for the IEC programme. In total with the visa fee, insurance & flights it will come to about 700euro. Not sure what other costs we will incur though, if any! I would recommend doing it Independently.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Can't help you in relation to the police cert question but in terms of USIT, I went with them for a J1 Visa to America before they were so expensive, so this time were doing it indepentently for the IEC programme. In total with the visa fee, insurance & flights it will come to about 700euro. Not sure what other costs we will incur though, if any! I would recommend doing it Independently.
    I second this, I used USIT last year because there was literally no option to do it independently, they charged me hundreds for basically reading my form to make sure it was completed correctly. They also claim that you need to book your flights and insurance through them, which they charge extortionate prices for. I refused to do this and booked my own flights and insurance (check out airtransat and backpackertravelinsurance). They hadn't a leg to stand on! My friends used USIT a couple of months before me and USIT cost them about 2 grand for something which can be done for 700euro now. If not even less, the visa itself costs around 110, the insurance is 166 and the flight over is as low as 178 (just looking at airtransat's offers, not dates etc.) We only booked a flight over, we're glad we didn't book the flight home now as we are applying to stay a second year through the IEC, the flight would have gone to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Thanks folks

I have heard that about USIT before alright. To do it yourself so all you seem to need to do so is fill out the application for canada abroad form and family form, along with sending 4 passport photos and a garda cert. Then wait until the IEC application form, comes online and send them all off together to the UK address outlined. Is that it?

There is a section on one of the forms, thats says where have you lived in the last 5 years. I was in Oz, 4 years ago and wondering what to do with this section especially with my situation regarding needing to get the police cert from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Niamh84

Ill be reapplying for the 2012 programme. Im currently in Canada on my first IEC visa. Does anyone know if its easy to get a police cert from Ireland when you're already over here. It says on the IEC website that it has to be original copy so I cant use my one from last year. For my last one I had to show my ID in the Garda station so Im assuming its going to be difficult to try and get one now im out of the country.

Any help appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Niamh84 wrote: »
    Ill be reapplying for the 2012 programme. Im currently in Canada on my first IEC visa. Does anyone know if its easy to get a police cert from Ireland when you're already over here. It says on the IEC website that it has to be original copy so I cant use my one from last year. For my last one I had to show my ID in the Garda station so Im assuming its going to be difficult to try and get one now im out of the country.

Any help appreciated?

I too am looking for my second year, and Ive got my mother on the case for a new one that i'll (hopefully) pick up there at xmas. as far as i know its currently being procesed, no issues with ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Do you have to have a Police Cert issued from Canada if you've been there on a visa before?

Advertisement