Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 International Experience Canada Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

I'm a bit confused... Had been told by someone that with the IEC programme, you apply online ASAP once the programme opens, pay online at the time to book your place and then send on all the supporting documents in your own time afterwards... But this all seems incorrect from looking through this forum!! :eek:

Am I right now in thinking the following is actually the process?:
    1) Get the supporting documentation ready in advance (passport copy and admissibility documents)
    2) When the programme opens, fill in the 2012 IEC application form
    3) Post the IEC 2012 form along with all the other documentation onto the UK IEC office
    4) Wait for email confirming that you passed the IEC side of things
    5) Wait for Letter Of Introduction if you pass the visa side of things

If so, there seems to be a mad panic to get applications in as soon as the programme opens. Is this because people are worried about securing a place or because people want to start their working holiday as soon as possible?

Finally, how important is it that your CV is up-to-date? I presume you can issue employers in Canada with an different one (I'm starting to panic now a bit as there's talk about the programme opening this year!)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 livestrong2

I have recently returned from oz to Ireland and am hoping to get a visa for canada asap in 2012. Is it possible to get your Australian police certificate sent over to Ireland? On the IEC website it is suggested that the cert needs fingerprints to be valid?
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

surley I dont have to go back to oz just to give my fingerprints?? Anybody got the cert from oz before?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Anyone know when they count the 18 months from....time of application or time it gets processed? If I apply in January 2012 then I'll have spent 19 months in Ireland, but if it doesn't get granted until March 2012 then it'll be only 17 months in Ireland.

It's something I actually took for granted, as did a lot of people I'd say. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

Im another one in the not living in Ireland for 18 months club. My question is - can we not just say on our application that we live in Ireland for the whole time?

Are they actually going to check up on where we have been living for the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

WiDGe-> wrote: »
    Im another one in the not living in Ireland for 18 months club. My question is - can we not just say on our application that we live in Ireland for the whole time?

Are they actually going to check up on where we have been living for the last few years?

So you mean to say lie ?

• Advertisement

I'm sure you can lie, and I don't reckon they'll be able to know if you're telling the truth or not. However, if you've been in Canada for that time then they will know that because you'll be on file, an therefore you will get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Kind of hoping they'll be lenient on people who have been in Canada for the eighteen months

Maybe this has been brought in to stop people who got in on the last visa, then getting two IEC visas from being in a position to apply for PR?

Isn't living in Canada for three years in a row enough to qualify you for PR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sharon84

Hi there

I am thinking of applying for the IEC 2012 program but am a bit confused about the police checks..... I am currently in Australia on a working holiday visa but will be coming home in 7 weeks. I know I need a police certificate for Oz but not sure if I need just the basic one ($45) or the one with fingerprints ($145)? I have emailed IEC and they have said I don't need fingerprints but I thought I saw somewhere else online that you do need this! Anyone know for sure what the story is?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

Hello,

The 2012 program has opened and I am waiting for my Garda Police Cert. I just have a couple of questions, hope someone can help. Sorry if the questions have already been answered!

1) How long do I have to apply to have a chance of getting a visa?

2) Does anyone know how long the visas took to sell out last year?

3) How are the 5,350 visas divided? I know USIT gets some of the visas and the Embassy retains some but which is best to apply to?

4) Im pretty sure there is not but is there any way to start the application without the Police Cert?

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

is anyone having problems reading the PDF file for the application form is the link down?
    i have tried on 4 computers now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

C@non wrote: »
    is anyone having problems reading the PDF file for the application form is the link down?
    i have tried on 4 computers now!

Do you have the latest Acrobat Reader? I was using a mac and didn't have this and it was showing up incorrectly. Once I installed it, the PDF showed fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

All done!

Sent off in the post there a minute ago! Ahhhhh hope I didn't do anything wrong!

I didn't see anything about proof of funds this time around, hopefully I didn't just miss a huge section of the forms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Isn't living in Canada for three years in a row enough to qualify you for PR?

I don't think time spent on working holiday visas, even if it were 3 years on them, qualifies someone for PR.

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Do you have the latest Acrobat Reader? I was using a mac and didn't have this and it was showing up incorrectly. Once I installed it, the PDF showed fine.

I just retried and its working fine now! i can see it all!!

it must of been down! or you magically fixed it for everyone ;)

Is any one applying for the Second time IEC?

What form are you guys applying with? And do you need to put your canadian address is or can we just keep the original irish address when it asks about "have you lived anywhere else in the past 5 years"?

Edit

Any one know why on the form it mentions about an LMO number and work details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ballbag2626

Ok.......here is my information so far......

Firstly a top tip...........unless you work for the iec or have a valid email or reponse from either them or usit please for everybodys sake dont post up crap crap information!

So iam currently out of ireland like others well over 18months time over 3 years.......which means that yes i have had dealing with several countries and visa applications

I spent my last year away in canada on 2011 scheme.

I have contacted usit and was told dont bother to send in my app as being over the 18months i would just loose my money!

I have sent of an email to the iec regarding the change to the habitual residence guidelines..(if i dont like my response i will be contacting the appropriate ppl to try and highlight the stupidity of the change.it will really remove the people and very idea behind the programme in the first place)....when i recieve information back i will post asap!!!!

With people who this is your first time.....THIS VISA COULD NOT BE SIMPLIER!!! plz read the email carefully......follow step on email and the guideline links are to fill in that sepcific FORM!!!!

If u find this hard maybe the very very expensive usit might be a good option.....and also u cant bring a knife on a plane.....;)

Be careful with your passport photos....they have gotten very technical and WILL not take anything other than stated........This is not ireland and "it will be grand" wont do......

Best of luck with paperwork and i hope u have as much fun abroad as the rest few non alcoholic and embarrising irish!!! happy new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 k07

Firstly a top tip...........unless you work for the iec or have a valid email or reponse from either them or usit please for everybodys sake dont post up crap crap information!

So iam currently out of ireland like others well over 18months time over 3 years.......which means that yes i have had dealing with several countries and visa applications

I have contacted usit and was told dont bother to send in my app as being over the 18months i would just loose my money!

I have sent of an email to the iec regarding the change to the habitual residence guidelines..(if i dont like my response i will be contacting the appropriate ppl to try and highlight the stupidity of the change.it will really remove the people and very idea behind the programme in the first place)....when i recieve information back i will post asap!!!!

With people who this is your first time.....THIS VISA COULD NOT BE SIMPLIER!!! plz read the email carefully......follow step on email and the guideline links are to fill in that sepcific FORM!!!!

If u find this hard maybe the very very expensive usit might be a good option.....and also u cant bring a knife on a plane.....;)

Be careful with your passport photos....they have gotten very technical and WILL not take anything other than stated........This is not ireland and "it will be grand" wont do......

Best of luck with paperwork and i hope u have as much fun abroad as the rest few non alcoholic and embarrising irish!!! happy new year.

I'm in the same boat as ye mate. Im in vancouver at the mo applying for my second year but have spent the last 2 years in oz and then here, so the habitual residency thing is messing me up.

Let me know how u get on with the email u sent them. I sent them one aswell so hopefully they get back to one of us. Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 marksnotlost

Hey guys, When is it you have to pay the application fee?

I thought that it was after your application was accepted and they contact you.?

or

does the iec guide mean its payable on application. ?

7/10ths the way down

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp#5487E4

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭deisedelight

hey mate . in same boat as you with habitual residency issue - have you applied already for new iec visa - have you heard anything further on ur issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Hey guys, When is it you have to pay the application fee?

I thought that it was after your application was accepted and they contact you.?

or

does the iec guide mean its payable on application. ?

7/10ths the way down

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp#5487E4

Thanks

You pay when its accepted, they will email you when to pay it! You don't include it when your posting your application! Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Niamh84

Im in the middle of filling out my forms. Im already on my first visa in canada at the minute. just a question on the section with the current country of residence on form 1295, Ive put that as canada. the to- from dates i put in where when i got here and when my visa expires. i havnt lived elsewhere so no to previous countries. But im unsure about the question where are you applying from. is that canada or ireland i put in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 conall.doherty

On the IEC website it says one of the documents has to be:

Proof of employment in Canada
    Your job offer letter or contract from your prospective employer, and the file number provided by HRSDC/Service Canada to locate the Labour Market Opinion (LMO). Your employer should be able to provide you with this file identifier.

What if you havent got a job sorted before going out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

On the IEC website it says one of the documents has to be:

Proof of employment in Canada
    Your job offer letter or contract from your prospective employer, and the file number provided by HRSDC/Service Canada to locate the Labour Market Opinion (LMO). Your employer should be able to provide you with this file identifier.

What if you havent got a job sorted before going out there?

Just put unknown in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

Just wondering is there many people still waiting on the confirmation email from the IEC!!!
    Posted mine on 6th Jan by registered post, was delivered on 13th Jan and have nothing since!! Freaked:eek:...especially with some people already on this that have been asked for payment. I dont really want to bother with emailing as it seems i will be wasting my time. Anyone in the same boat??

annm2812 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there many people still waiting on the confirmation email from the IEC!!!
    Posted mine on 6th Jan by registered post, was delivered on 13th Jan and have nothing since!! Freaked:eek:...especially with some people already on this that have been asked for payment. I dont really want to bother with emailing as it seems i will be wasting my time. Anyone in the same boat??

Mine arrived on the 9th and i only got an email today saying it was received so next week for you i would say!

They're taking between two and three weeks to confirm reception. Don't freak out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

Okay!! they really are taking their time. i need to book flights lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hbmm

annm2812: I sent mine same dates (6th arrived on the 13th jan) and still no confirmation e-mail

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Got an email on 25th Jan to say my application had passed the IEC Criteria and was being sent to the High Commision for phase 2.

And now I just got this email from them.

(If you do require a Medical Examination, please reply to this email within five (5) business days, simply stating "Yes, I require a medical examination," along with your full name and date of birth.

If you do not require a Medical Examination, or have already provided a completed form by post, there is no need to reply to this email. By not replying to this email you will be indicating that you do not require a Medical Examination for your intended work in Canada).

They complicate things for themselves and make more work!!!!!!!!

I had already declared in my application that I did not require a medical....

Anyone else receive the above and how long before you heard from them again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Galwaaygirl

orgaz wrote: »
    Got an email on 25th Jan to say my application had passed the IEC Criteria and was being sent to the High Commision for phase 2.

And now I just got this email from them.

(If you do require a Medical Examination, please reply to this email within five (5) business days, simply stating "Yes, I require a medical examination," along with your full name and date of birth.

If you do not require a Medical Examination, or have already provided a completed form by post, there is no need to reply to this email. By not replying to this email you will be indicating that you do not require a Medical Examination for your intended work in Canada).

They complicate things for themselves and make more work!!!!!!!!

I had already declared in my application that I did not require a medical....

Anyone else receive the above and how long before you heard from them again?

That really is complicated!

Is anyone applying for the second year IEC who needs a medical? I am in Toronto and trying to figure out how to fill in the medical form attached to the second year application?!

Advertisement