Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 International Experience Canada Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

orgaz wrote: »
    Got an email on 25th Jan to say my application had passed the IEC Criteria and was being sent to the High Commision for phase 2.

And now I just got this email from them.

(If you do require a Medical Examination, please reply to this email within five (5) business days, simply stating "Yes, I require a medical examination," along with your full name and date of birth.

If you do not require a Medical Examination, or have already provided a completed form by post, there is no need to reply to this email. By not replying to this email you will be indicating that you do not require a Medical Examination for your intended work in Canada).

They complicate things for themselves and make more work!!!!!!!!

I had already declared in my application that I did not require a medical....

Anyone else receive the above and how long before you heard from them again?

I got the email about being sent on to phase 2 on the 20th,haven't received the medical one yet though, not that I need it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

posted mine on Jan 21st, haven't heard a peep yet. Will prob be another two weeks going on the timescale people are experiencing right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

I would suggest the following thread for any IEC information. It is very helpful for this stupidly complicated application process.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76864433

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

emaxwell14 wrote: »
    I would suggest the following thread for any IEC information. It is very helpful for this stupidly complicated application process.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76864433
    Indeed! I heard the Australian process takes a day :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pages83

Hi guys, I am irish in canada and have applied for my second iec visa.
    I applied and sent it off last month (it should have reached them in london 18th of Jan-ish) just wondering if the waiting times have changed since last yr.
    Last year i recieved an email to say they accepted my application, so far i have heard nothing.. is this normal? I definately got the address correct on the application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 JD2012

hi all,

i sent my details off on 23 december 2011 & got the LOI jan 26th.... hoping to head by end of march - thinking toronto but dont really know!!! its all a chance and adventure!

I got my payment accepted today, here are my details for anyone interested:

4th Jan -Application sent from Ireland, regular post.
    24th Jan - Email stating my application was received in London.
    27th Jan - Email asking for payment.
    27th Jan - Payment made and Work Permit email sent.
    6th Feb - Payment accepted and application forwarded to Visa Section.

From what others have said, all going well, I should get a medical email in the next 2 days and the LOI email in around 2 weeks. (Hopefully!)

Recieved in Paris?
    I sent my application to London this year.
    to the below address and still havent heard anything back.
    This waiting around is a killer.

International Experience Canada – Room 514
    Political Affairs & Public Diplomacy
    High Commission of Canada
    38 Grosvenor Street
    London, United Kingdom
    W1K 4AB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

pages83 wrote: »
    Recieved in Paris?
    I sent my application to London this year.
    to the below address and still havent heard anything back.
    This waiting around is a killer.

International Experience Canada – Room 514
    Political Affairs & Public Diplomacy
    High Commission of Canada
    38 Grosvenor Street
    London, United Kingdom
    W1K 4AB

He meant London. He corrected it on another thread.

I am still sittin pretty waiting for an email to even say that the Canadian Embassy has recieved my application

Recieved in London on Jan 18th
    Status on Feb 4th.. stilll waiting.

its a bit ridiculous, but i supposed you gotta go with the flow.

Im in Vancouver and working, my visa expires on March 10th.
    as I dont want an interruption to my work... my thoughts are beginning to lead to applying for Implied Status.

My friend who is Austrian and was on a temp working visa that couldnt be extended applied for Implied Status last year and got three months out of it while her PR visa came through.

so im tempted to chance it.. thoughts anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

I am still sittin pretty waiting for an email to even say that the Canadian Embassy has recieved my application

as I dont want an interruption to my work... my thoughts are beginning to lead to applying for Implied Status.

My friend who is Austrian and was on a temp working visa that couldnt be extended applied for Implied Status last year and got three months out of it while her PR visa came through.

Interesting.. how do you go about that?

I was just looking at it and it almost looks like a given (if you've applied for an extension/new visa before your permit expires) ? But that can't be right? Guess I'll have to give immigration a call..

yeeeeep.. i think its a loophole in the system, this Implied Status.

It says that you can apply if you are on a Temporary Working Visa (i presume the IEC visa would fall under that category), and once you've applied and overstayed your current visa you can't leave the country until you have recieved a reply (a letter rejecting your extension and asking you to leave the country)

Last year and previous years the waiting time was usually about 3 months... but apparently since Jan 2012 it is 24 days... still allows you to keep working in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

yeeeeep.. i think its a loophole in the system, this Implied Status.

It says that you can apply if you are on a Temporary Working Visa (i presume the IEC visa would fall under that category), and once you've applied and overstayed your current visa you can't leave the country until you have recieved a reply (a letter rejecting your extension and asking you to leave the country)

Last year and previous years the waiting time was usually about 3 months... but apparently since Jan 2012 it is 24 days... still allows you to keep working in the interim.

I don't think the IEC is eligible for implied status as it is not extandable under any circumstances.

See thats what I'm trying to find out Zapp.
    Excuse my bluntness but how do you know this? I'v looked everywhere and can't find anything that spells that out. (eg: the IEC does not qualify for Implied Status.)

Last year, My friends visa was non-extendable aswell (i dont think it was actually called IEC as she is Austrian) but it worked for her.

bascially you apply for extension, knowing you are going to get rejected.. they send you back a letter saying please leave the country now.
    I think its only gonna be a case of needing a few extra weeks in my case until my new visa comes in.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I would be glad to hear more if you have any other info on this.

Here is the form to apply for an extension.
    It costs $150 but i think its refundable upon rejection

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Here is the form to apply for an extension.
    It costs $150 but i think its refundable upon rejection

Its not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

See thats what I'm trying to find out Zapp.
    Excuse my bluntness but how do you know this? I'v looked everywhere and can't find anything that spells that out. (eg: the IEC does not qualify for Implied Status.)

Last year, My friends visa was non-extendable aswell (i dont think it was actually called IEC as she is Austrian) but it worked for her.

bascially you apply for extension, knowing you are going to get rejected.. they send you back a letter saying please leave the country now.
    I think its only gonna be a case of needing a few extra weeks in my case until my new visa comes in.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I would be glad to hear more if you have any other info on this.
    When I was in Van I rang CIC and they told me that my visa is not eligible.

i think they meant its not eligible for an extension Zapp.
    but what happens if you apply and they reject it.. you just leave the country then when they send you the rejection letter. No harm done.

It has given you a few weeks while waiting for the new visa to come through right?

Sucks that its not refundable, but it will be worth it if I dont have a break in my work.

i think they meant its not eligible for an extension Zapp.
    but what happens if you apply and they reject it.. you just leave the country then when they send you the rejection letter. No harm done.

It has given you a few weeks while waiting for the new visa to come through right?

Sucks that its not refundable, but it will be worth it if I dont have a break in my work.

Ok.. so what you are saying is you plan to send in the form - and the time it takes for them to process and send you back a rejection - you'll be using to buy YOU time to stay in the country and wait for your LOI?

• Advertisement

Exactly lindzation, got it in one.
    Once my LOI comes in I will leave and re-enter the country to restore my status.
    I just rang an immgration officer and she confirmed it can be done, and this loophole is used quite alot.

also I just got confirmation that the fees are in fact refundable.
    My friend who sucessfully did this last year was refunded all fees paid once she was rejected.

also I just got confirmation that the fees are in fact refundable.
    My friend who sucessfully did this last year was refunded all fees paid once she was rejected.

Wow!! Well done you! How sneaky! And immigration even confirmed that you can do this? That's awesome! :D So you are obviously going to send in the application close to your visa expiration date?

an immigration lawyer confirmed it.
    i dont this its something Canadian Immigration wants widely known, thats why they reduced the waiting time to hear back, from 3 months to one month just this year.

sure, its a workaround if your like me and need to bridge gaps between visas.;)

So i got my Notice of Reciept today.
    Recieved in London Jan 18th
    Notice of Reciept Feb 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

I have 2 quick questions.

I thought it would be better to put it here instead of starting yet another IEC post and I thought there would be more people following this thread.

In the sections where it asks for your Intended work in Canada what do you fill in if you have no idea what you are going to do? I am planning to just apply for any job i may be able to get.

And I was reading the step by step guide last night and came across a section ( i cant find it now ) that said that you have to get all photocopies of passport etc. signed by a person like a judge or the like? Is this really needed?

Any info on either of these topic would be so helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

sduff05 wrote: »
    I have 2 quick questions.

I thought it would be better to put it here instead of starting yet another IEC post and I thought there would be more people following this thread.

In the sections where it asks for your Intended work in Canada what do you fill in if you have no idea what you are going to do? I am planning to just apply for any job i may be able to get.

And I was reading the step by step guide last night and came across a section ( i cant find it now ) that said that you have to get all photocopies of passport etc. signed by a person like a judge or the like? Is this really needed?

Any info on either of these topic would be so helpful.
    Just put in unknown for the job stuff and also some of the cic guide is outdated. On the website where it says the steps 1 to 9 read down and there are more instructions on that page just follow them and you should be fine. You dont need the pictres or anything lke that signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 louthlas

Hi there,

I have just received a rejection from the Canadian Authorities marked that I 'submitted my application under the wrong initiative.'

As far as I can see I filled out everything ok.

Has anyine else encountered this or can you shed any light on it at all. I am devastated.

louthlas wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have just received a rejection from the Canadian Authorities marked that I 'submitted my application under the wrong initiative.'

As far as I can see I filled out everything ok.

Has anyine else encountered this or can you shed any light on it at all. I am devastated.

In the Work Permit form under Details of Intended Work in Canada, did you select 'International Experience Canada Program' in the first box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 louthlas

Yeah I did that. I don't have a job arranged but that shouldn't matter should it?

Looking over my application I can't see where I may have gone wrong and they don't give any explanation in their letter other than I 'submitted my application under the wrong initiative.'

Advertisement