Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 International Experience Canada Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

louthlas wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have just received a rejection from the Canadian Authorities marked that I 'submitted my application under the wrong initiative.'

As far as I can see I filled out everything ok.

Has anyine else encountered this or can you shed any light on it at all. I am devastated.
    Do you see "uk" or "united kingdom" abywhere in your forms? Are you from the north?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 louthlas

No, I am from the Republic and have stated 'Republic on Ireland' in all of the relevant fields. I am well within the age limit aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

No, I am from the Republic and have stated 'Republic on Ireland' in all of the relevant fields. I am well within the age limit aswell.

This is very worrying, I have just finished filling out the forms, and am about to send them away.
    I was born in Northern Ireland and have that down in the forms ( as its on my passport and all documents ) but I hold and Irish Passport and have always lived in the Republic. I hope this doesn't affect my application.

Yeah that's weird.. I read once before about someone having this problem and apparently they somehow accidently filled out the UK forms.. it said it in small print somewhere on the form..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 summerstorm

annm2812 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there many people still waiting on the confirmation email from the IEC!!!
    Posted mine on 6th Jan by registered post, was delivered on 13th Jan and have nothing since!! Freaked:eek:...especially with some people already on this that have been asked for payment. I dont really want to bother with emailing as it seems i will be wasting my time. Anyone in the same boat??

Hi Annm2812 - did you get your confirmation email yet - i hope so! I'm panicking a bit as i sent my application off on the 6th Feb by Swiftpost and haven't heard a thing yet. The thing is i turn 36 on 2 March :eek: and i don't know if they will receipt it in time. Freaking out. I am kicking myself i didn't send it by registered instead of swiftpost as don't know if they even got it! Anyone else send theirs off about this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Hi Annm2812 - did you get your confirmation email yet - i hope so! I'm panicking a bit as i sent my application off on the 6th Feb by Swiftpost and haven't heard a thing yet. The thing is i turn 36 on 2 March :eek: and i don't know if they will receipt it in time. Freaking out. I am kicking myself i didn't send it by registered instead of swiftpost as don't know if they even got it! Anyone else send theirs off about this time?
    Relax you should be waiting at least another 2 weeks i only heard back after 23 working days and that seems to be the average. I also believe that if you applied when you were 35 that should be ok, so it shouldnt matter that you tun 36 in march.

Ok thanks for that. I won't get into the straight-jacket just yet then. Thanks for the reassurance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 claire124

Hi,

I was also waiting almost a month from the time my application was delivered to the IEC to the time I received confirmation of receipt. That was exactly 2 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting to hear if I've been conditionally accepted.

Is this delay normal, or do people usually receive the second email within 2 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

claire124 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was also waiting almost a month from the time my application was delivered to the IEC to the time I received confirmation of receipt. That was exactly 2 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting to hear if I've been conditionally accepted.

Is this delay normal, or do people usually receive the second email within 2 weeks?

2-3 weeks it looks like from the posts here, so I reckon you'll get payment email any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

i got mine back about a week and a bit ago because their scanners couldnt read the barcode!! i had to print off the barcode pages again and i sent them off last week.. were delivered monday or tuesday this week. i sent them by swift post as well. if you still have the receipt of postage it has a tracking number on that on the anpost website!!! the woman in the post office told me that and it was cheaper than the registered post.
    such an annoying process... no other country is like this. im planning on travelling in may just hoping there will be no other ridiculous issues with it and its sent back AGAIN!!

• Advertisement

Hey, no i never kept the receipt as i figured i could only track for registered post. Dammit. Oh well i guess there's no reason it would not have got there. Touch wood. What a process...and i'm not sure USIT are all that helpful - if you've gone that route. I even noticed an error in the applic after their "checking" appointment that hadn't been flagged to me. And the wait goes on...feel like i'm developing OCD the amount of times i'm checking my email these days...

Well i received my confirmation of receipt
    today - so that was exactly 21 days and they have dated receipt as of today 27 Feb. So there you have it...they do finally get to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sajada85

Yeh I've come across this before. You must have filled out the English form. If you look at the Application and Declarations form at the end of the page and there is a footer that says "EXT 2102E (2011-11-25) GB" then it means you filled out the form for Great Britain. It should read "EXT 2102E (2011-11-25) IE".

Here's the link to the Irish forms.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

I posted off all my forms registered on Thursday 08/03/12.

So I will keep everyone informed on when they arrive to when I hear back from them.

I am so worried something will be wrong. I almost didn't want to hand them over.

Fingers crossed

I got my confirmation of receipt on the 27th Feb 2012 and the letter said they would be in touch again within 2 weeks to let me know if i was accepted for the visa. It's now been 4 full weeks and nothing! Has anyone else had this experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Has anyone been rejected after their payment was accepted??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I got my confirmation of receipt on the 27th Feb 2012 and the letter said they would be in touch again within 2 weeks to let me know if i was accepted for the visa. It's now been 4 full weeks and nothing! Has anyone else had this experience?

Yeah, got mine the 24th Feb. Heard nothing since. Starting to get seriously pissed off with this entire process and having second thoughts about the entire thing. If I had known that it would have taken 3 months (which is what it will take at a minimum at this stage), I would not have bothered. I'd have gone to Oz instead. I've kind of decided that if there is some problem with my app, I'm calling quits on the whole thing and just going Oz instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I got the first email on the 27th Feb as well and still waiting for payment email. Wouldn't really worry about it. Im sure we'll hear back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Maybe a slight glimmer of hope and perhaps the back log is clearing...

Sent my application monday the 12th,

They recieved it Friday 16th,

and i just got my notice of reciept dated the 26th.

so 10 days for first contact. I thought that was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Ya didn't get any other info for weeks after I got the initial receipt.

They e-mailed me today (3 weeks after I paid) to say that the bank never included all the letters in my last name and there was an error on my wtn! So now I have to wait again for more info from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

Hey Guys,
    Received my payment request today, and to send them the IM295 form by email:D I needed more space for the 10 years work experience when sending off the application and don't know how/if I should include it in the email, has anyone else had this problem and what did they do???

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

moncy25 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    Received my payment request today, and to send them the IM295 form by email:D I needed more space for the 10 years work experience when sending off the application and don't know how/if I should include it in the email, has anyone else had this problem and what did they do???

Just send it, if they don't want to look at it they won't!

Hey Guys,

Hey there! Could you tell me when you recived your initial receipt of application? Trying to work out what the timeline may be now..
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brr Something

Just a quick one guys, I forgot to fill out place of birth, for my family in the Family Information form. I completely missed it, and the 2 people I asked to double check everything missed it as well. I feel like a complete idiot. It will get rejected I assume, or is it too much to ask for a bit of luck?

Sent them an email about it but no word back.

Hey Guys,

I didn't send it, It only asked for the form and I figure if they ask for further information then I can send it on.

lindzation wrote: »
    Hey there! Could you tell me when you recived your initial receipt of application? Trying to work out what the timeline may be now..
    Thanks!

Sent 28th of January
    Received 24th of February
    Payment 28th of March

Pretty slow process this year!!!

Sent 28th of January
    Received 24th of February
    Payment 28th of March

Pretty slow process this year!!!

Wow, so like 5 weeks? This is so oo not good! I'd be curious to hear when you get your LOI..

lindzation wrote: »
    Wow, so like 5 weeks? This is so oo not good! I'd be curious to hear when you get your LOI..

Sent the payment and email today...so hoping it won't take too long, will let ya know :)

Sent the payment and email today...so hoping it won't take too long, will let ya know :)

What did you end up doing with the 10 year work experience thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I sent my forms off to London on 26th March and still haven't received a confirmation of receipt. Three of my friends sent them the same week and haven't gotten one either. Getting a bit apprehensive now. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Advertisement