Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 International Experience Canada Programme

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

It took 17 days from mine been sent to them saying they got it. So you should be fine. Other people were waiting over a month for acknowledgement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

jd83 wrote: »
    It took 17 days from mine been sent to them saying they got it. So you should be fine. Other people were waiting over a month for acknowledgement

How long did it take for you to get your LOI? I'm scared we're not going to be able to go at the end of May/start of June.

Last year it took a week for me to get conditional acceptance and a month in total to get my LOI...such a delay this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

I just got rejected ( due to a mistake on my side, filled out the family information wrong )
    Does anyone know if they send your forms back to you I had original police certs from Australia and Ireland and if i have to apply for them again it will add months on to the time I had hoped to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 summerstorm

Well lads and ladies, I finally got my LOI on Thursday!
    So here's my timeline:

Application Sent: Feb 6
    Confirmation of receipt: Feb 27
    Payment Request: March 31
    Paid and sent form: 2 April
    Sent to final stage: 16 April.
    LOI : 26 April

Job done!! Best of luck to you all in Canada this year!

MavisDavis wrote: »
    How long did it take for you to get your LOI? I'm scared we're not going to be able to go at the end of May/start of June.

Last year it took a week for me to get conditional acceptance and a month in total to get my LOI...such a delay this year!

Took them only ten days to get my LoI to me after it was put through to the second stage. See my time line posted above. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

10 days!! I thought it was 6 weeks!

How long after sending your payment did u get the email saying that your payments been received?

sduff05 wrote: »
    I just got rejected ( due to a mistake on my side, filled out the family information wrong )
    Does anyone know if they send your forms back to you I had original police certs from Australia and Ireland and if i have to apply for them again it will add months on to the time I had hoped to leave.

Did u get rejected from the first or second stage?

henrieta wrote: »
    10 days!! I thought it was 6 weeks!

How long after sending your payment did u get the email saying that your payments been received?

I know i was pretty surprised!! Paid on 2 April and they didn't officially accept the payment they just sent me a letter saying i was through to the second stage on 16 April.

One thing i would say, whenever i was feeling antsy, i would mail the main email IEC-London-Application@international.gc.ca with my query or ask what the delay was and i would get to the next stage pretty much a few days later so i would try that. Might be a coincidence but it worked three times when i did it. Remember to put your WTN inthe subject line though.;)

Just saw this on their website - have they not given you instructions as to what they want? I'm surprised they are not more specific? The bold text below might mean that as long as you submit what they want in the time frame that you don't have to submit the entire application...

"Incomplete, unsigned and non-compliant application packages will not be processed. Once you have submitted your documentation for a work permit, it is important that you comply promptly with any requests made of you by the Visa Section. If you do not respond promptly, your application could be refused. Whenever a specific action or document is requested, you will be given a deadline by which this must be done. If your application is refused because of non-compliance, you will have to submit a new application package."

It also says:

"If your application is refused by the IEC Team for reasons of being incomplete, incorrectly prepared, the participation fee is not paid, or because you do not meet the initiative's eligibility criteria to be a participant, all of your application documents will be returned to you via post."

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Yes, they send everything back and they'll include why you got rejected. My forms came back 2 days after I received the rejection email.

Fill out the forms again and have an envelope ready.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when are places assigned:
    1. when barcode scanned
    2. when conditional acceptance sent
    3. when payment received?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

henrieta wrote: »
    Does anyone know when are places assigned:
    1. when barcode scanned
    2. when conditional acceptance sent
    3. when payment received?

When they take it out the envelope and scan your barcode pages.

Places are reassigned when an application is rejected for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Not sure if this is in the right section - if you've been offered a job by a canadian company and they applied for LMO and got it.

Do you need to apply for IEC or just a work permit?
    Any help/advice is much appreciated!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jenniem01 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is in the right section - if you've been offered a job by a canadian company and they applied for LMO and got it.

my understanding is you just bring the paperwork from the company with you and present it to immigration who will issue you with your work permit

that's how it is for me in my particular situation anyway. i dont need to apply for anything in advance, just show up and get a new permit

should note here i suppose that i dont go the LMO route

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

jenniem01 wrote: »

An LMO is a work permit! The company will forward you whatever documentation you require, which you will then present at border control. Who then issue your work permit.

It will be for a set amount of time and will be restricted to that 1 company. So you won't be able to change jobs In Other words!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi everyone,

Just checked today on the IEC Website & there is only 630 Visa's remaining. I sent off my application by FedEX from Toronto on the 23rd of January & I tracked it online & it was signed for within 3 days at the Embassy offices in London. I didn't receive my first Confirmation Email from them until the 23rd of February, to say they just received it. Yes, thats 4 weeks lag. I was requested to make payment on the 16th of March & paid on the 20th of March. That was over 6 weeks ago & its down to 630 remaining Visa's. Its crazy how long the application process is taking & the lack of communication from the Embassy.

First year Visa holder, stressed waiting for 2nd!! :eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you're included in the visas taken

Advertisement