Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reviews on Santa Claus

Options
  • 23-11-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

it's been 2 years in a row when we have been so disappointed with Santa visits. That's why i am looking for some help here.
    share your good and bad experiences , so we have some clue where to go and where not to go.
    somewhere around wicklow/gorey/bray/carlow/dublin etc

will appreciate any suggestions and reviews
    Thanks ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Rathwood near Tullow, in Carlow.
    http://www.rathwood.com/Santa.html
    Close to being booked out, I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

in Wicklow Glenroe Farm is FAB & you can make a day out of it..

We also enjoyed Santa @ the DSPCA 2 yrs ago & it was really good & all the money raised goes to the animals..

I HATE Shopping centre experiences but thats just me personally:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kristine86

I HATE Shopping centre experiences but thats just me personally:)[/QUOTE]

oh nooo! last year because of the snow on the day we were ready to go see our santa it was canceled! and all what was left was shopping centre , and i hate that as well :D thanks God kids were to small to notice difference :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

marley123 wrote: »
    in Wicklow Glenroe Farm is FAB & you can make a day out of it..

We also enjoyed Santa @ the DSPCA 2 yrs ago & it was really good & all the money raised goes to the animals..

I HATE Shopping centre experiences but thats just me personally:)

DSPCA aren't doing a Santa this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Arnotts. None better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

we have not done the 'santa visit' yet and my son is 5. we go to the local pharmacy upstairs (brilliant) and the playgroup and kildare village, all free and take your own photos, and the love it!
    Will wait until next yr when son no 2 will be 20mths, son 1 6 and daughter 4 to do the 'santa visit'.very glad to get away with it so far.
    Have very fond memories of todds in limerick as a child and the effort they put in. the shopping center experience is nothing like those.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We are going to Santas cottage in Rostrevor again.
    It is amazing and some how the 2 year old can tell us bits about it from last year that we did not repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kingcantona

Would any of ye know of any good Santa Claus/Grottos/Winter Wonderland kind of thing for kids in the Munster region? I'd love to take my 2 and a half year old kid to one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

The one in the Ailwee caves is supposed to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Year before last we went to the Slieve Aughty Riding Centre one and it was utterly bad and expensive to boot. Very disappointing.

Last year we went to the Christmas Market in Galway and seen Santa there and it was brilliant, included a professional photo taken and a great toy. Money goes to charity. So this is were we will be heading again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

http://www.leahysopenfarm.ie/ is supposed to be very good.

Causey farm in Meath is also excellent.
    http://www.causey.ie/causey-events/causey-christmas-experience/

Advertisement