Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study rooms

Options
  • 23-11-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know if the single study rooms in UCD Library are free of charge? If not, how much and how do I go about renting one.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

This was asked recently, their €25 per hour unless your with a society/club then their free. To be honest I'd suggest going to the health science building. Every evening and most days the rooms there are hardly used, most have projectors and white boards with tables so its the same but for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Think the OP is talking about these rooms:

http://www.ucd.ie/library/using_the_library/using_services/indie_study/

They're reserved for post graduate students and are allocated monthly. You book them at the Information Desk on the ground floor, and can be done so on the dates in that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

smk89 wrote: »
    This was asked recently, their €25 per hour unless your with a society/club then their free. To be honest I'd suggest going to the health science building. Every evening and most days the rooms there are hardly used, most have projectors and white boards with tables so its the same but for free.

Those rooms are in the Daedulus, not the library. Weebushy is right about the single rooms in the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Wait, when you book a room in the library (like room F on the first floor) you have to pay for it?? :eek: How much notice do you have to give until you cancel!!

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Wait, when you book a room in the library (like room F on the first floor) you have to pay for it?? :eek: How much notice do you have to give until you cancel!!

You don't have to pay. That is just for rooms in the Daedulus and only applies to certain groups.

Info on booking a study room in the three libraries on campus in Belfield is available here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/library/using_the_library/using_services/group_study/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

smk89 wrote: »

25 per hour. Thats' at least 200 euro per day :O

You could buy a comfortable motorhome and park it in a nearby carpark minus rules about food, drink, cigs etc for less than that :D

psychward wrote: »
    25 per hour. Thats' at least 200 euro per day :O

You could buy a comfortable motorhome and park it in a nearby carpark minus rules about food, drink, cigs etc for less than that :D

I'd say that is set that high to keep them open for clubs/societies. A bit like the port tunnel being kept for HGVs.

Advertisement