Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying

Options
  • 23-11-2011 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My employer has found against me in a case of bullying and has charged me with gross misconduct. Although a lot of the statment made against me was untrue some of it true was which I admitted to. I was as honest and upfront about it as I could be. This persons surpervisor also lied in her statment about very pertinat facts. Our boss was made aware of the complaint on the first day but did nothing about it so I was not even aware that there was a problem It was implied that this went on over along peroid of time which it didn't and up to this I had never been accused of anything and was deligant in my work. Is there any thing I can do to clear my name although I don't think there is as this is a private company and they don't have a union. I also heard about four weeks ago that they are trying to cut staff numbers by 11%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Nobody here can or should really help you with the specific details of your case.

But you are entitled to appeal the decision, and have a witness present at any disciplinary hearings. This also applies to private companies with or without unions.

What have they said are the next steps they're taking? Gross misconduct often means dismissal with no notice period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jojokavanagh

There is disiplinary hearing coming up and as this is being arranged away from the company I am sure that instant dismissal is going to be the way that they are going to go. I have had someone with me throughout the investigation who is familar with industrial relations but he seems to think the worst as well.

Advertisement