Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve in Cork

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭

Question for Cork people in the know.

What is Cork city like on New Years Eve? Is it like most towns as in queues everywhere and most places jammed and establishments hiking prices on the door etc?

Any tips and advice appreciated.

Comments

techdiver wrote: »
    Question for Cork people in the know.

What is Cork city like on New Years Eve? Is it like most towns as in queues everywhere and most places jammed and establishments hiking prices on the door etc?

Any tips and advice appreciated.

Nail on the head. My advice would be either head into town early enough or don't head in at all and house party it up.

Heading into town later than 11.00 would mean it'll be hard to get into a lot of places and you may end up ringing in the new year queing in front of some rude bouncers in the freezing cold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,761 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nail on the head. My advice would be either head into town early enough or don't head in at all and house party it up.

Heading into town later than 11.00 would mean it'll be hard to get into a lot of places and you may end up ringing in the new year queing in front of some rude bouncers in the freezing cold.

Definately the way to go.
    Otherwise, find a spot good and early and settle in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Get in as a early as possible :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is there any big parties or balls happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

@ Faith The Clarion usually has something fancy on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Worse night of the year tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

We all know that Cork has a great nightlife, but it has a mixture of those who go out for fun and those that go out to stir up trouble. On NYE those that want to have a good time tend to go to kinsale, kenmare, dingle and other places, leaving the city to those that are looking for trouble and those that are aged 17-21...avoid....IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

spagboll wrote: »
    We all know that Cork has a great nightlife, but it has a mixture of those who go out for fun and those that go out to stir up trouble. On NYE those that want to have a good time tend to go to kinsale, kenmare, dingle and other places, leaving the city to those that are looking for trouble and those that are aged 17-21...avoid....IMO

I don't agree at all. I go to town every new years eve and have never seen much, if any trouble that would be different to any other night. Although I wouldn't go to places that 17 to 21s would go. :)
    Also a lot of the clubs open early and just charge 10e for entry and last few years we have gotten 2 drink vouchers. So it pays for itself. Also find if you go out early and stay in a pub you will be better off. I wouldn't even attempt to get into any bar after 10 o clock on new years eve.
    Not going out this year and am really going to miss it!:(

Advertisement