Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecommerce website shipping???

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I have very little experience doing websites and I'm helping a friend create an ecommerce feature on their existing site.
    The site is hosted by Blacknight and its using a standard template from plesk sitebuilder.

I tried setting up the eshop feature; however, I'm having difficulty with the shipping calculations. The products vary in size and weight and if multiple quantities are purchased, I would like that to be reflected in the shipping cost.

Apparently an Post created a calculator integrated into the ecommerce sites used on the 'Getting Business Online' initiative with Blacknight, but unfortunately I can't seem to get access to it.

I've seen on other ecommerce sites based in Ireland where there are fixed postage costs and they're actually quite low. Can anyone help me with this or make some suggestions?

I'm completely lost and can't seem to figure it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

RPM7 wrote: »
    Apparently an Post created a calculator integrated into the ecommerce sites used on the 'Getting Business Online' initiative with Blacknight, but unfortunately I can't seem to get access to it.
    As you are on Blacknight, contact their Support - they will be very helpful.

[QUOTE=RPM7;75624969I've seen on other ecommerce sites based in Ireland where there are fixed postage costs and they're actually quite low. Can anyone help me with this or make some suggestions?[/QUOTE] They might use GLS or a similar company. Some offer fixed shipping costs up to certain weight and/or sizes.

Advertisement