Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effects of Long Term Warfarin on Pregnancy

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am on and off warfarin since January and I have just been told recently that I will be on it for life. That in itself doesn't really worry me,as at this stage I am well and truly used to it. What I can and can't do etc.... however.... I am 26 now, with no children and I would like to have a child in the next few years but I have heard and read things about having a history of blood clots can cause miscarriages etc and also the long term effects that warfarin can cause in the body.

Myself and my partner aren't looking to try for a baby at the moment but we just want to be aware of all the possibilities.

I have tried to talk to doctors and that but with them, as good as they are, a lot of it is just pie in the sky and for instances....

Has anyone here been in a similar situation? Would like to hear from people who have actual experiences rather than a doctor spouting from a book ya know...

Thanks a mill folks....

Advertisement